1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Harris in top form at Fonde!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Jul 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I went to check out opening day yesterday at Fonde

I watched the opening game where Mike Harris dominated the competition. Well, I guess he should dominate the competition in a Pro/Am Tourney. But I think everyone will be happy to know that Mike was in tip top shape and playing fantastic.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Who else was there?

3. Gummi Clutch

I know Rashard Lewis played the 2nd game, but I didnt stick around to see his team.
    I think TJ Ford and Damon Stoudamire are on teams as well.
    Overall the game was very entertaining, and for FREE entertainment it cant be beat.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

5. Gummi Clutch

Cool. Any other ROCKETS or players that fit in the GARM at Fonde?

6. monster

monster Member

I'd really hate to see Harris go. I think he's gonna turn into a decent player.

7. Hayesfan

Agreed. I was upset he got cut last season.

He should find a niche on a team somewhere. If we could be sure of his outside shot I would love him to be a back up three.

8. monster

monster Member

he'll defiinitely catch on somewhere.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is a hard working,good IQ player.I hope he will get another chance to succeed in the league.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

i was at the open practice at the beginning of the season and harris was in a little miniature dunk contest with AB. aaron pulled of an across the body windmill but harris pulled of a 360 windmill and if you watchd any of last years summer league games you wouldve seen that he knows how to drive and can hit the jumper. the guy isnt meant to be a 4. i promise you that if yao hadnt gone down he wouldve been our backup 3 project. im fully expecting harris to make a legitimate run at making this team next season.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If he has a jumper I have yet to see it. If he doesn't have a jumper he might not be in the league long. I think the guy is certainly quick enough to cover most SF and many SG in the league. He isn't a 4 IMO but he needs a perimeter game if he wants a long NBA career.

12. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

I like his power,energy and toughness,but he is undersize,we have too many undersize players,and this will be a problem in playoffs。

13. Asian Sensation

You're thinking he is undersized because he played out of position last year. If he plays his natural position SF maybe even a little 2 guard he's far from undersized. Cool name by the way even though I don't know what it means.

14. cdastros

cdastros Member

Mike Harris biggest problem is that he can't defend 4's or 3's. The offensive side of the court is not a problem for him.

15. carib

carib Member

I understand you saying he can't defend 4's well he is undersized. Why do you feel he can't defend 3's. You think he is too slow?

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I am curious about this too. I would think that he's fast enough to guard 3's but he may not be.

3's now a days are fast.

I thought Hayes could guard 3's too, but i'm not sold on his ability to guard 3's either.

Has anyone watched how Hayes or Harris match up on 3's?

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What makes you say that?

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Come on guys, Mike Harris ain't covering no sg's in the NBA. College, summer league, pro am, maybe. But not in the NBA.

19. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

It no use in concening the playoffs because we are likely to miss the playoffs next season unless we make a great deal this summer.
    we have to take anther superstar besides Yao and tmac as other western team are adoping one superstar after another .In the past ,there were just one superstar in each team, but as superstars of lottery teams escaping from their former teams to powerful teams ,chasing the rings, as KG and ray did last summer.As a result ,more stars gather in fewer teams,the rockets two stars used to be luxury but are common now.The lakers have two original stars and a 3rd score what we are looking forward to ,and spurs as well .
    The only superstars that we can trade for are just Marbury ,J oneal,and shaq,ben etc ,and kidd. obviously kidd is the best among these guys.Perhaps jo is better and younger but we needn't another paint roster any more with scola .
    Shane ,Bjax,Head ,Rafer and exception for Kidd

20. Hayesfan

Cause he worked so well with the Mavs :rolleyes: