1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Bibby - what would it take?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 7, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Since the board is divided on Rafer and Mike James, I wonder if we could pry Mike Bibby away from Sacremento?

What about trading Mike James and Rafer Alston for him (toss in Novak or Snyder to match salaries), thus moving Luther and Francis/Brooks up in the pecking order.

I think it would weaken the bench a bit by not having James but our starters would be WAY better with a PG as good as Bibby at both passing and shooting.

Do you guys think Morey is going after Bibby? I mean to me he is the perfect fit and knows Adelman's system inside and out.

Thoughts?

DD

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

MJ & SF3 + Snyder.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

No thanks.. I haven't looked at his stats, but his game has seemed to come down the last year or 2... I think he's on the downswing and wouldn't be a huge upgrade over our current situation.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

or we could send Francis, alston, and some other jon contributing scrubs for him with a pick or 2 while keeping our strong bench

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Mike Bibby is good but he has become injury prone over the years and he probably won't last very long, if we could even keep him on the court for a full season. We already went through the injuries with Tmac and Yao, so far everything is going good, lets not mess it up by bringing in another player who will just sit on the bench because of injuries.

We should try to for someone like Raymond Felton.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

forget about it. kings would never do this.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think it would take Battier in a 3 team deal where the Kings get back some youth. I think Bibby would be a great fit though.

9. DaDakota

roffle,

If the Kings are rebuilding, why not get shorter contracts and a future player or two?

What do you think it would take, keeping in mind that you want to keep your core together.

Yao, Tmac, Battier, Scola, Hayes, Bonzi......

I would think they might take Rafer/James/Snyder or Novak for Bibby...get some cap relief, and maybe a pick?

Also, it would allow the Rockets to resign Mike Harris...

:D

DD

PS. Does anyone know if the Kings are shopping him ? And this thread is to amuse not abuse....

10. A00man

A00man Member

Bibby is on the decline. He's not the same player he used to be.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If you thought Rafer couldnt keep up with the Tony Parkers and Chris Pauls of the league, Bibby's uninspired attempt at D would really get the board and fans up in arms....

Actually it wouldnt be too bad, cuz its Mike Bibby. I'd think Reggie Theus would want to see how his team operates with Bibby playing before they think of dealing him. So it'd be a trading deadline type of thing if even that

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Were winning and we havent even fully grasped the new offense yet. Im sorry, but to me it aint broke so Im not in a hurry to fix it.

13. Labyrinth Blues

We don't need that 20ppg stud from before. We'll just need that superb shooting. He would be a tremendous as he knows Adelman's system and an upgrade over Rafer's shooting while providing the same benefits Rafer brings in low TO, great vision. It might take sometime for him to adjust to delivering Mac and especially Yao the ball though, has Bibby ever played with a strong low post presence? This is really a great idea.

Alston/James/Novak + A pick?

Would the Kings bite? Any discussion?

_ Blues

14. DaDakota

I agree, but since Bibby already knows the offense I would think it would speed up the transition some....

He is out until Mid December which is when Francis could be traded.....just sayin....

DD

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How about rockets develop their own bibbi? Brooke?

16. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

We need to keep MJ. rafer + head + throwins would be more ideal imo.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Absolutely not. $14-15 million a year? Give me a break.

18. DaDakota

How many more years? I think he can opt out this year, right?

DD

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'd give my right nut to have Bibby on this team right now.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

yes...lets trade both of our pg's for a player that cant play for 5-6 weeks