1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Might the Francis injury be a blessing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vince, Feb 4, 2000.

1. vince

vince Member

I think that the Francis injury solidifies the lottery for the Rockets. Can the Rockets win without Francis, I think not!!!!

Lottery, here we come, and at full force!!!!!! [​IMG]

No way can the Rockets make up 8 games with a recovering hakeem, no francis for a few days to weeks, and the rest the young Rocks.

2. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

You sound a little to happy. As much as I thought I wanted us to get a pick, I found winning at a 9-3 clip much more satisfying. An injury to your star-in-waiting, possible rookie of the year winning, fan inspiring, teammate improving, reason for hope can never be called a blessing. In disguise,or otherwise. Cheering for your team to lose is pathetic. Let them earn a lottery pick. Don't freakin' pray for one.

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Is this another one of your vibes ? or did you get this one from Dionne Warwick?

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Uhh, Vince, that's just totally disgusting and not the least bit humorous.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Cabbage, don't get mad at vince, you know Will was about to post the same thing but just wasn't quick enough. [​IMG]

6. haven

haven Member

Bryce Drew will lead us to the playoffs!

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I just can't believe anyone can be excited about going to the lottery.

Its just sickening.

We'll see how excited you are when(IF) they get a high pick and the player chosen is a bust. Bet you'll feel pretty salty then!

------------------
    The key for the Rockets is a winning attitude and mentality which can only be had by winning basketball games.

8. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

i dont know, something smells funny with vince; first, after a great win he brings us down with his "les likely to move " thread, and now with this "francis injury a blessing" one. i'm keeping an eye on you vince [​IMG]

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Dog that ain't cool Vince.... They gotta try their best.No one cheers for their team to go down no matter what. Champions don't give up!!! Instead of cheering for his injury let's have a moment of silence for the kid and hopes he comes back to lead us to more victories. He's our future and hopefully that future will be in Houston..erghhm erghmmm if y'all know what i talkin about...
    Let's keep the Rockets where they belong aight y'all. Rockets=Houston .

In worse case we could always put mini me from austin powers2 as guard

10. vince

vince Member

Look, guy, I hate losing! I don't lose, never go for it and dispise it. But, reasonably speaking, can the rockets win without Francis. I think not!!!

That again is soley my opinion!!!

I saw it yesterday with Drew playing the point. Drew was spectacular, granted it was a back to back but the other Rockets weren't in sync with Drew. It will take time for Drew to lead this team into winning.

That is something the Rockets do not have, TIME!!!!

But, this is a moot point since Francis will be back soon. The Minnesota Loss was huge against the odds of the Rockets making the Playoffs!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah, that's why all of you 100% thought the Rockets would be in the uhhhh yeah playoffs, think not; just living in Reality!!!!! Just unthinkable to Sports fans!!

I enjoy watching the Rockets win and lose, I pay for my tickets just like all of you; but I'm a fan trough and trough.