1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Jordan picks The Dream on his ultimate starting five in his era!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-briefing11jun11,1,1027869.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Jordan Has a Worthy Defense for This Pick
    By Larry Stewart, Times Staff Writer
    June 11, 2006

Michael Jordan, in an interview in the issue of Slam magazine that goes on sale Monday, is asked to name his ultimate starting five from his era.

Although Jordan declines to accept the label as "greatest of all time," the assumption can be made that he would name himself the shooting guard. He names Magic Johnson the point guard — "without a doubt."

His center is Hakeem Olajuwon, although he says he never saw Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in his prime.

Jordan, requesting the use of a sixth man, says he would split Scottie Pippen and Larry Bird at small forward.

Saying, "I'm a Carolina guy," Jordan names James Worthy his power forward.

"Charles is going to be mad," Jordan says, referring to Charles Barkley, "but I know Charles never played defense."

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Already posted. Several times.

3. intersync

intersync Member

ahh man, that's pretty awesome. i'd like to know who his choice at SG after him would be, and i would also like every popular NBA player/person submit their top 5 or 12 or whatever and for those stats to be recorded and produced in a report that i can read.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. intersync

intersync Member

hello there, you barely beat me!

6. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Hey Brad, good to see you over here.

7. dream2franchise

While it's very nice that he did that, i don't like the implied "honour" that has been attached to this, he'd be a moron if he didn't pick Hakeem for his team.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

True, but I do appreciate how he emphasized that it was Hakeem, by far. He didn't do that for the other selections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.