1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MIA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, Sep 22, 2000.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I haven't been here for about a month. Someone once posted that we should inform people when we're not coming back so that people don't wonder where they went once they're gone. I didn't do that because I didn't know I was going to be gone. I was moving from Chicago to Houston (see ya around town) and looking for work and generally being too uprooted to visit clutchcity. But now I'm back -- kind of. With my new job, I don't know if I'll be able to visit as often as I used to when I had a job that didn't require work.

By the way, the experience of bbs withdrawal for a month is very weird, those of you who haven't tried it yet. At first, there was a craving to get back and read and post. Then the hunger gradually faded and I came to terms with not being on the bbs all day. Then I started to wonder why I spent so much time on it in the first place, especially during the offseason when nothing is happening and you just have to sift through Jamison rumors or when the team is sucking and you have to sift through Rudy bashing or Walt bashing or whatever. And then I had an epiphanal moment: I realized that being away from the bbs disconnected me from the team and fandom. I realized I didn't really know about or care for the team as I had when I was around. I don't know if it is possible to be a real fan without being a part of a community of fans. So I'm going to try to be back, and we'll see what this job does to my schedule (one thing is I'll probably stop reading my posts over for spelling errors).

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome back, JV, you missed some strange things.

I actually had been wondering where you were...

Don't jump back in too quickly, you'll get a headache. [​IMG]

------------------
    Talking to a dead hare about art

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Welcome to your H-town HOME, baby! See you at the bar at Little Woodrow's for an ice-cold Shiner!

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Juan,welcome to H-Town.....You`ll find the winters are sweet compared to Chicago [​IMG]

------------------

5. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Juan -

glad to see that you've brought a bit of Chicago with you!

"Vote early, vote often"

------------------
    The Badministrator

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Glad your back Juan. I, too, was wondering what happened to you.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Welcome to Houston, JV. Hope you and your wife are registered to vote! [​IMG] If not, let me know and I can take care of it for you.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

8. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

And you quit that job???!!! What's wrong with you???!!! [​IMG]

I was wondering what the heck happened to you, I thought the speed thing btw you and BK made you decide not to post anymore.

I know what you mean, sometimes when work is so busy, I don't get to visit here for a couple of days. It's an addiction.

Anyway, glad to have you back.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member