1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to Morey: Sign James Southerland

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Pragmatician, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

2. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

3. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I think James Southerland would be a great pickup for our summer league squad. I have seen him play a number of times and he has a nice game. Great length, very good athleticism. I like his long range shot. He has decent form, good release height, above average range for someone his height. I can't say I've seen much of a mid-range game so that part I am not sure about. But last season he had a number of huge performances that helped Syracuse put together the season they had. He is good at finding space and can shoot lights out. His defense is ok, but it is always hard to speculate just how good someone from Syracuse will be on that end of the floor because they almost always play that 2-3 zone because of the length they recruit at most all positions.
    I hope Morey gives him a shot. I think he would be a solid bench contributor given his size and good 3-point shooting ability. Would fit well in the offense Houston will be running, and has good wheels for the up and down, high-tempo we will play. It may slow down a little when D12 signs, but Southerland could be a great spot-up wing 3pt shooter when the D collapses on the post.

4. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I'm surprised he wasn't even drafted..

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He can definitely shoot. I suspect he'll find a place in the league at some point.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can he play the PF?

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Reminds me of Damion James. Pass for me.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Your original "he" was much more accurate then your corrected "we", unless you are part of the Rockets' player personnel evaluators.