1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mentally ill girl hanged from Crane at age 16 by Iran's "Morality Police"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This happened in 2004. They've had a change in power since then.

2. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yes it's gone even worse. this happened under the goverment of the supposed reform minded khatami. the religious prosecution is gone out of controll now. khamenie and ahmadinejad are telling the SAVAMA The innteligence miesty of the mollah's to start hunting down bahais and sunni and sufi moslims. rescently 20 bahais were executed. a sufi church was burned down with it's worshipers inside. sunny brutality is the norm. dont come here making excuses. :rolleyes:

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"And the lunatic fringe of the Christian religion is isolated and out of power, where the lunatic fringe of the Muslim faith is running countries..."

I would argue that they have far too much influence in the White House and the Congressional Leadership. Hell, in the Governor's office in Texas. Find that cup of coffee I keep telling you to look for, DD, or maybe a strong glass of iced tea would do the trick, considering that it'll get up to about 102 degrees today.

Keep D&D Civil.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Noone should hate any descent moslem. the actions of the mollah's do not represent the moslem world. there a bunch of tyranical animals who are using a great religion to embolden there own filthy powerbase.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

No. i'll confess i dont regulary study the holy koran as much as i should, but i doubt that it would condone such a barbaric act. the mollahs also do not represent the true islam.

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Terrific post blazer_ben! You have been a very reasonable voice here! Too bad some people don't see it that way! :)

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

.... forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sins againsts us...

can you find this in the book of Quoran?

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Thank you.

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Yeah I am aware such script exists in the Bible. I was asking for real world examples of grand scale.

As I said earlier, I am not the person to answer this question.

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Can you site some examples in the world of Christianity, Hinduim or Budism?

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

"He who forgiveth, and is reconciled unto his enemy, shall receive his reward from God; for he loveth not the unjust doers." Holy Quran, sura 42

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Christian.

Jim Jones
    David Koresh
    Catholic Bishops and their lil boy fetish....

DD

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Buddhist:

http://www.tkb.org/Incident.jsp?incID=7661

The Tokyo subway system was the target of an attack with nerve gas. The deadly gas, Sarin, was released from packages brought on to five different railway carriages. Twelve people were killed and over 5000 injured including several foreigners. Fifteen subway stations were affected by the gas. A Japanese extreme Buddhist sect called Aum Shinri Kyo (Sublime/Supreme Truth), is suspected of releasing the gas. On 7 June 1995, the leader of Aum Shinri Kyo, Shoko Asahara, was indicted for the murder of the people who died in the subway gas attack. Six followers were also indicted on murder charges and nine others on lesser charges. Asahara's trial started in late October 1995.

Hindu:

Shiv Sena is considered a terrorist group by the State Department.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiv_Sena

Talk to any Sikh or any Christian in India, and they'll tell you of loads of examples of temples/churches burned down and people abused and killed. I think the Tamil Tigers are considered to be terrorists.

14. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

This should not reflect poorly on them.

Disgusting. Men of God my a**.

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

soundsl like there's a fine line between religious fundamentalists and mentally ill people..

The thing to note though is that Islam extremist is more violent and happens frequently ( almost a way of life ) and currently while for the rest of the religions are like rainshower that occurs once in a blue moon.

Of course we cannot count DD's example #3 as one since it has something to do with human nature, not religiously motivated.

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I like this. This is a good message for the Islam people to remind them that forgivenesss is virtue, instead of focusing on Jihad.

Going back to the issue, it just needs common sense to think that a 16yr old girl is powerless to say no to an adult. If the case happens to a elderly woman and entices any man or boy to have sexual relations, that is more understable. But a 16yr old girl?

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Islam is still like the Christians of the middle ages, how long will it take them to snap out this is any one's guess, will it take them four or five hundred years? Will some of their leaders become people like Gandhi to lead the followers down a different path in the near future?

18. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

In the middle ages (Crusades specify) it was the Muslims who were much more tolerant than the Christians. It's not the religion that breeds this kind of logic; it's a way for the "church" to rule with absolute brutality. Stalin ruled with far more brutality, as did Hitler (Christian?).

The Christianity in the middle Ages came about because of the power of the church, they corrupted it and used strict religious dogma to brutalize and control the people. Dictators almost always have to be so brutal to maintain power.

Again I stress not to use this instance to sing the "I'm better than you" song.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Dakota, they can't be won over. Only punished; therefore we "should invade and smite the evil doers who hate us because we are free" I think that is more or less a quote from the Decider.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is a cultural war, and the only win is having a starbucks and McDonalds on every street corner.

While the women are free to vote and the guys can have a drink in public.

We should be bombarding their airwaves with TV free Middle East and Radio free Middle east too.

DD