1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mentally ill girl hanged from Crane at age 16 by Iran's "Morality Police"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 16, 2006.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think that's one thing I am not guilty of :D. I think I take it about as seriously as someone like MC Mark or Trader_Jorge or bigtexxx.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What are you talkin about? I DONT KNOW ONE muslim that believes in "rigid fundamentalism". I know many muslims bc I am one.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

what a sad, sad story. :(

what is wrong with these idiots :mad: ??

4. Fatty FatBastard

For MadMax's sake, I feel obligated to say this:

I am a faulted Christian, but a Christian, nonetheless. I know literally dozen's of people like me who are trying to find our place.

Are we happy finding it? yes and no. We have to deal with promiscuous sex and all that may entail. We also have to deal with the prying eyes of other Christians beliefs and how we are wronging them.

Look. I seriously tried to stay together with my ex, even though we knew we weren't compatible. (ie. she was a b****, and I was intollerant of b****es) and, yet, when I was getting married my mother pulled me aside and said "are you sure this is what you want to do?"

I told her "God gave us a child. He must know more than I do. Besides, I know she'll never leave me."

Mom: "But do you love her?"

Me:" I may with time."

And so we got married. (BTW, best reception EVER! To anyone who gets married, talk to me. We had ours at the Childrens museum. Imagine a bunch of intoxicated people playing with toys! If there is one thing I don't regret, it is our wedding reception.)

Regardless, I am a Christian with flaws, no doubt about it. But I'm always trying to get back on track.

And wnes is still.... I'll hold back. But to question someone's beliefs is not just petty, it's pathetically below the belt.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Who knew Kanye West was a Rockets fan - much less one on our BBS!

I love your song Jesus Walks.

Kidding around Fatty, add me to the list of "faulted" Christians...Im sure Max will place himself in that category also.

as yet I actually haven't met a perfect Christian.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely. very "faulted."

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How can you be faulted, when you are made by God? Perhaps he intends that you THINK you are faulted?

;)

8. MadMax

because he also allows me my own free choice. because he didn't create a world of puppets.

God's not trying to trick you, dada.

9. DaDakota

How do you know you have a free choice, perhaps it is all ordained prior to you getting here, and you just don't know it.

DD

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Welcome to religious dictatorship. a bunch of fanatics who have used and abused a good religion to keep there power by any-means.

11. Fatty FatBastard

Regardless of religion, and I say this with baited-breath, as I am a God-fearing man.

Still, regardless of religion, the true man will always aspire to be better than he already is.

I know I feel that way. Does the fact that I believe in God change that aspiration? Or somehow make it pathetic?

I think not.

And I say this with much love DD. Not trying to get over on you. Just curious.

12. DaDakota

Well spoken Fatty, I too believe in God, just not the tenemants of religion.

DD

13. MadMax

have you been reading John Calvin again, dada??? :D

i have free choice. so do you. and the sky is blue, too.

14. DaDakota

I choose to question everything.

:)

DD