1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Melo Trimble

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by YaoMing#1, Jan 9, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Melo Trimble is the perfect PG for the rockets. He fits perfect with James Harden as he's a good spot up shooter and 3 point shooter 41% last season. He also very good as creating contact and getting into the lane. (ft 86%)

He can play on or offball, but has very good playmaking skills out of the pick and roll and kicking out to shooters or dribble handoffs.

He's a big guard at 6'3 and has nice muscle mass to him.

I think he's the perfect fit next to James Harden he could be our younger bigger version of Jason Terry,with better playmaking.

If I was Morey I would be trying to get a draft pick in the top 15 so I can pick this guy up.

Nbadraft.net has him at number 19 but I feel as if he might go lottery if he keeps playing this well. Maryland is ranked number 3 and he's their best player so that could raise his stock as well.

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm watching him vs Wisconsin and his court vision is elite.

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

And he nails a game winning 25 footer with 1.2 seconds remaining.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

AND he hits a clutch 3 from way downtown with 3s left to win it for Maryland 63-60

His draft value has just gone up a few places.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

They told me JP Tokoto didn't stay in NCAA for one more year, but it seems like he just changed his name, harcut and now has a jumpshot :confused:

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a 6'2'' point guard who is an underclassmen and expected to be a first round pick? Are we sure it's not Dwight Howard?

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Trimble is the truth, he's going to be a very very good NBA player, I don't understand how the scouts don't have him at very least a top 10 pick.

It's not like this guy is a senior, he's a 20 year old sophomore with plenty of room to grow and already NBA ready game imo.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

By the way, I'm throwing it out their now.

Ben Simmons will be a bust in the NBA relative to his expectations right now.

I think he will be a serviceable starting level player but he's not going to be a trancendent player like so many have pegged him imo.

You guys know who was 6'9 great athlete could handle te rock pass and rebound but couldnt shoot? Josh Smith.

I think his career is going to play out a lot like Smiths in ATL, less bonehead plays though.

Simmons has one of the brokest jumpers I have ever seen, you can tell the guy is scared to shoot outside of the paint and that's not going to fly in the NBA.

If he does become a better shooter he's going to have to totally revamp his mechanics because there is no way he becomes a good shooter the way it is now.