1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo = better attendance ???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Erbnwarfare, Aug 26, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure its a ideal way to look at it but doesn't exactly tell the skeptical public that melo has changed at all. real stories on media day? the real story on media day is diving into what they haven't already and thats the questions that were again, coming sooner or later

2. rocketseagles07

Lol.... if 65 wins and a 1 seed didn’t do it you think..... melo will

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rockets sold out over 50% of their games last season

4. rocketseagles07

Sellouts yea... I should’ve read better I thought he was speaking on actual turn out

5. kevtse

kevtse Member

N.A.I.V.E.

whatever it stands for

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

Your correct usage of "could have" brings a tear to my eye.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Rockets sold 99.2% of their available tickets last season. Sure, they'd like to sell the other .8%, but no one concerns themselves more with that than Clutchfans watching the game from home.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My guess is the new owner thinks big name players like Anthony create more buzz compared to role players like Ariza or Luc. Same with foreign players (Qi) or hometown heroes (Green).

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There were so many empty seats. It was always worse in the lower bowl. These tickets aren't cheap. I wouldn't want to spend $130/ ticket and not even show up.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Most are there..spending even more money (that the Rockets hope they will) in the various lounges and at the bars..or even playing blackjack in the Golden Nugget lounge. It's crazy. The franchise has a ton of other things for you to be doing in that arena other than watching basketball...those tickets are sold as tools for business development...and they encourage you to use them that way. They get 3 year commitments from companies on those seats. That's who can afford those seats.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is funny that last year when Melo was traded to OKC the media was all about "OK3" the "Big Three" in OKC.

After ONE season in OKC in their crappy system, Melo is washed and a cancer.

I don't know what he will be in Houston, but the difference in the media is striking.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah I mean you know everything about what goes on behind closed doors at the Rockets organization. You know for a fact that Melo may have not wanted a press conference probably because it would just be an array of questions about coming off the bench. You know. Yolo

#52 Zoplicone, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Missed this post. Thank you.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh yeah definitely. he doesn't want to regurgitate his questionable answers that he did so himself