1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meet Chris Finch: 13th coach in Rockets History?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, May 23, 2011.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Morey has stated this or is it an opinion?
    If so . . this is very disturbing . .. because it means he has
    not real intentions [or illusions i guess] of being worth anything
    in the next two year. . . . .
    Means . . .we as fans .. simply just have suck it up for 2 maybe three years

which SUCKS

Rocket River

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Reading this again, I can't believe an old timer like yourself would see things so naively. I have tremendous respect for you as a poster, and in turn as a person- even though that is weird to say since I don't know you. But as far as your opinion goes, you are losing a bit of your credibility(not that you care what I think) especially after this whole Adelman episode, where it is clear to me that many of the things you are saying are driven by emotion.

Despite your reservations, I do have a grasp of the concept that is integrity. However, I also understand that the world is not as simple as being split up between those who have integrity and those who do not. Reality is rarely as black and white. In conflicts, in wars, and in the history of man rarely are concepts like "integrity", "good", and "bad" little more than abstractions. Instead, reality is more grounded on points of view and which side you see things from. Even in something as silly and insignificant as a team letting go of it's coach, there isn't always a "good guy" and "bad guy". Instead of painting "Less" as some sort of boogeyman and Adelman some kind of martyr, let's see it for what it actually is: a disagreement between men.

Deckard, I hope I am not being disrespectful in our little exchange since that is something you have ribbed me on before. I don't show respect to those who deserve none, while you certainly deserve mine. Deckard the Old and Wise. Shouldn't you be the one imparting wisdom on a kid like me, and not the other way around? ;)

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Newsflash: we won't contend the next 2 years.

This was known way before Adelman left.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree with your Assessment in a sense
    By not getting Adelman what he needed. . Morey kind of under cut him
    If they next guy is a placeholder. .. it would be liken to Tanking for the next two years
    to get the Lebron James of coaches ready to coach in 2014? Seriously?

Are we conceding the next two seasons?

Rocket River

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's sucked guessing whether Yao would be healthy each year with exponential decreases in the percentage chance every time out.
    What's another 3 years of actual rebuilding that puts us in a position of being perennially good and eventually contending?

6. catwink21

catwink21 Member

TOTALLY AGAINST McHale as next coach. Great player, terrible coach. Not enough bench/coaching experience.
    Finch's record everywhere he's been should be enough to let him grow with the "Rebuilding" process. Just so there is no misunderstanding. ANYBody but McHale.

1 person likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wouldn't be so sure about the theory that KMac is going to be only a place holder warming the seat for Finch (or whoever).

Given that the front office is so big on objective measurements, I don't think they'd make a move based on the assumptiong that Finch will replace McHale in 2 or 3 years without seeing either of them coach the Rockets team-- I mean, what if McHale does really well? What if Finch struggles or reveal himself to be a child molester or something?

Now, it's likely that the front office will consider the possibility of a Finch takeover, but I doubt they'd make a decision based on what might happend 2 or 3 years later. Also,

(a) Who is to say that Finch can't work with Frank or Casey?

(b) It seem implausible that Finch is such a superstar that the organization value his development over other benefits to the team. Is Finch the Lebron of coaches now?

In other words, if they hire Kevin McHale, it's gonna be because they like McHale, not because of the possiblity of a Finch move.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Defenses in the DLeague are much more intricate, with the unique spacing rules and quickness of the players, attacking ability of the guards. Europe is a lot more like college. Without the zone rules you can pack the paint."

:)

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This is what I would ask on the phone were I a season ticket holder being asked to renew. What incentive is there to go to a Rocket game? Should I pay to watch a basketball camp? Since we obviously don't care about winning, why should I spend my money? Heck, why would I even buy the jersey of a Rocket when I know they could be dealt at any moment?

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a marathon not a sprint. And it's also little late for being indignant. Les has ridden the Yao train on fumes for years....You don't just recover as an organization overnight. Now that we're moving deeper into the rebuilding phase many are upset ...C'mon, THIS is a time to get pumped up about Rockets hoops....

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly my point. Is this an extended summer league?
    Should I leave and come back in two years?

Rocket River

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

As someone who owns Timberwolves season tickets, this question makes no sense to me. I like the team. If I have the time, and the money, and the tickets are at a good price, I buy them because I love basketball. I mean, if the Rockets told you that we'll win a ring within two years, I'd be skeptical and annoyed that they're probably screwing with me.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

There are, what, 5 true contenders most years? How in the world do the other 25 teams sell tickets? Or are you saying their fans are delusional enough to think every team has a chance to win it all?

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, Rockets blow for hiring Adelman if this is what they are trying to replace him with. Stupidest non-contract renewal of the decade.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Exactly. The saying goes. "history is written by the winners". Therefor integrity is a perception built up from the winning view every single time. No matter what happened during the war. If in the end this all works? Morey and the owner look like geniuses. If they lose? The detractors get to write their own version to say what Morey did wrong. I am glad someone understands this concept.

Thats what will determine alot of things. What works and what doesnt. No matter the method. If Morey uses stat

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Darn it! Foiled by a little baby on the keyboard and cut off.... :D

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I just paid for my season tickets. My first time. I KNEW this season would be a rebuilding season and that many fans (maybe like you) would bail. I love the team and trust the org to rebuild quickly adpnd efficiently. I now have great seats and can't wait for the season to start. I love my team. No matter what!

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No. It's called fair-weather fans. It happens. Look at the heat.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Great analysis!!! McHale as the frontrunner is beginning to make sense.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If they want finch as a coach,they should just hire him now. Why does anyone think morey will have a job if they keep missing the playoffs? If they hire mchale to keep the seat warm and mchale does a good job, what would stop les from firing morey and giving mchale dual role like pop? What if he does poorly and occonnor comes free? Morey and the whole staff might get fired. Pick your guy and just role with it. This whole developmental coach thing is a joke. Ask mora jr how that worked out.

1 person likes this.