1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media making Rox new "Villains" of the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kpap, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Kpap

Kpap New Member

Is anyone else getting the sense that the media is making the Rox the new villains of the NBA? Now that Lebron is a "good guy" for goin back to Cleveland, the NBA lost the villain everyone wanted to see fail. This summer, the Rox have taken a PR pounding for quotes taken out of context for the most part. The media as usual has a blatant disregard for journalistic integrity and prints BS based on random tweets from other countries in different languages. They already hated Howard and now Harden is a cancer too? Morey will never be the most popular kid on the playground, but the media seemed to savor his "failure." WTF:mad:

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Yes, the media hates the Rockets. Yes, fans of other teams hate the Rockets. Harden and Howard and Beverley are not well liked. So what? The Rockets need to roll with it.

People want to make them the villains? They should embrace it, and be the baddest villains of all time.

1 person likes this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Our players should just go radio silent and stop giving interviews. They have this whole Joe Biden thing going on right now.

4. SunsRocketsfan

People hate Beverley because they think he's dirty
    People hate Harden because they think he flops
    People hate Howard because they think he's a cry baby with no heart

Yup we have become somewhat disliked but who cares as long as we win games haters can hate

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I really hope we win it all during these season as the "bad guys". Oh how the media will be shut down till Harden and Dwight don't eat at the same lunch table as the role players.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No Joke! I like your idea!...;)

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A first round exit team isn't relevant enough to be the villains of the NBA.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And here I thought only Carl Herrera makes Rox out to be villians.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I love it, I love villains. We're the new empire taking over the NBA! Let the dark side of the force destroy the NBA!

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

With Ariza, I say Lillard doesn't make that shot. And we win Portland. We are now a second round team.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The media and NBA fans hate Terrance Jones' face and the part he gets during his haircuts.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This reminds me: Ain't nobody in China going to mess with Panda Friend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I have no problem with them being the bad boys...

This team did very well with that..

[​IMG]

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This will only galvanized the team and make them better. Both Harden and Howard have been listening and paying attention to what has been said about him this off-season. Howard for not caring about winning. Harden for not playing defense. This will just add fuel to those toe and give them something to prove. Especially Harden defensively I see him devoting much more to it.

16. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/svMsIMsdqlyO4" width="500" height="333" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Soon as I read the OPs thread, I got the exact same feeling as you.
    Who cares what they think, not many liked the Pistons, but hey winning cures everything. I do feel we will be a tough defensive team that is going to scrap and fight, and be disliked a lot by many, but as long as we win, it's all good.

18. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea we are being bullied but we just need to come out and play hard.

19. downbytheriver

I noticed that even though lebron took the easiest path AGAIN, going to cleveland clearly on their way up as opposed to miami who had been sinking for a while, the media wants to play him as the good guy. pretty pathetic how marketing/money dictates everything to them

as for us, we'll be fine. have to actually get past the 1st round to be taken seriously

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I do get that impression. Is it because of Howard? Morey? Something is up, just not sure what it is....