1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Media Hater got carried away ishing on Rockets claiming Ryan Anderson had a bad shooting night in G1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Apr 18, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Bill Simmons 'corrects' him right away

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

Sooo...now what?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy. "I was making a point. I was just naming names."

who da fook is dat guy?

4. MONON

MONON Member

fify

BigMaloe, 34to11 and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol @ his crappy attempt to save face

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

He's right.

I saw Donatas Motiejunas front-rim it. I saw Ryan Bowen front-rim it.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That same guy also defended Harden's step back and said he didn't consider it a travel earlier in the podcast. So, now I'm totally confused. Is he a media hater or one of the good ones? :)

I think he was making a fair point. Gamblers who are still skeptical whether the Rockets can be the team to beat the Warriors would not have been swayed by the game 1 performance. A team that is so reliant on 3-point shots is vulnerable in the playoffs if they go through a bad stretch when they just can't hit them. The Rockets understood this when they built their team. A high variance style gives them the best chance of dethroning the Warriors, but it also increases the possibility of them churning out a turd performance (or a string of them at an inopportune point in the series). House did acknowledge that the Rockets were missing Mbah a Moute and he might be their missing ingredient ultimately. Most media haters wouldn't have mentioned that.

Now, the interesting thing about the Rockets is that even though they shoot a ton of 3s, in the regular season they were able to achieve consistency anyway by being great on defense and also by having either Harden or CP3 on the floor for a large percentage of the minutes. So, they still have that going for them.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's what you get for listening to the fake news media. SAD!

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL funny the referees call on the floor and the rules and clearly undersytanding and following it is not enough to legitimize hardens stepback that night that people need to "defend" it

Exiled likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Must be a Max Kellerman prodigy

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Listen to the whole podcast, it’s decent. House and Simmons actually have a favorable impression of the Rockets I would say. Earlier in the podcast House defends Harden against Simmons’ claim that Harden is allowed to travel. And late in the podcast Simmons says he loves watching Harden play at this level. Repeatedly in other podcasts he’s been on Harden’s side in the Westbrook debate, trademarking the “I was in the right side of history” idea regarding last year’s MVP vote.

Yes it is a lazy national take, not requiring much viewing of the regular season Rockets, to claim that all our shooters will choke in the playoffs. But it’s up to these Rockets to dispel that notion. They can start by hitting their ******* threes tonight.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The team was rather low variance in the regular season though, the lowest variance of any team. It's not unique as there seems to be a trend of teams reaching a certain threshold of 3's having their variance reduce.

BigMaloe and durvasa like this.
  13. durvasa

That is interesting.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If his point was we played and shot poorly and it took a Harden epic performance to win us the game. I agree. I dunno what his overall point was after that. But I agree we didn't play well.

15. durvasa

I think his overall point was he still doubts the Rockets can be the team to unseat the Warriors, even though he wishes another team would unseat them. His general impression is that our gun-slinging style works in the regular season but leaves us vulnerable in the playoffs, and he felt game 1 demonstrated that.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

And I somewhat agree what that too, that our play style works well in the reg season but hasn't won a championship in the playoffs. I'm hoping this is the year that changes. Also, I prefer to not be the favorites. I dunno abt y'all, but I don't enjoy being expected to win. I'd much rather be the underdog.

17. macan

macan Member

now anyone can buy a mic and calls himself a media sports analyst..

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

look at the media crawling back

19. baubo

baubo Member

House isn’t an “analyst” and never purported himself as such. He’s just a hot take guy. Simmons corrected him quickly too. They are actually probably correct that the Warriors are being underrated right now in terms of title odds.

I mean I’m all for media conspiracy and ESPN BS where they try to convince people The nba should change the rules against Harden stepbacks but this is not really anything to be mad about.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’d be more concerned if we played to our max level and barley won game 1.
    MVP played MVP and got us the W.
    Case closed