1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Media Conspiracy] Some guy on The Dan Patrick Show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 12, 2019.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Pathetic, despicable hatred. He can't even explain himself

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

• Harden is shooting 56% on 2s.
    • Kashi right now is 50% on 2s and 27% on 3s
    • Harden has
      • higher 2pter FG% than Kashi
      • Higher 3FG% than Kawliflower
      • Higher FT% than kawaii
    But...but...Kawli is shooting 44% total and Harden is 40% total...that’s all that matters...sigh

When will ppl stop using FG% wrt Harden,,,geez

#2 heypartner, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

McLovin has difficulty explaining himself because using emotion and not facts.

Patrick used facts and logic. He's also highly respective of Olajuwon and thinks he's underrated.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Old dude prefaces his take by saying he plays pick up ball lol. Like okay that totally adds credibility to your uninformed take.

SF3isBack!!, HP3, bobloblaw and 6 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

love how triggered these losers who have never played a lick of competitive ball in their life get over free throws

Did they have this same energy when guys like Kobe, Wade, Iverson, Arenas, and Pierce were parading to the line every game? Let me guess, they were drawing “legitimate fouls.” What a joke. If Harden was on his favorite team, he’d be on his nuts.

6. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

If Harden wasn't fouled and defenders didn't try to get under his legs on every stepback, he'd be averaging 45. The dude is hitting step back 3s from 2-4 feet behind the line. He's unguardable. What did he have 13 or 15 points in a row last night in the 4th quarter? No mention of that... And he took at least 4-6 freethrows in the 4th Q from INTENTIONAL fouls.... This guy doesn't even watch the games.

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

His evidence is probably cherry-picking YouTube videos.

don grahamleone and Houstunna like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I had to throw Dirk in there for you.

I mean, when Kenny Thomas can foul your elbow with his soon-to-be-displaced teeth, that takes skill.

slothy420 and Reeko like this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Sometimes I wonder if all the emotional Harden hate is more about race than basketball - when someone says "after my pickup game, which is MY barbershop" it seems to acknowledge just that...and it also explains why the stats based arguments fall apart very quickly with these types because its based on an emotional response more than anything.

I'll continue saying it but the popular opinion of both Steph Curry and James Harden will forever be framed through the lens of mostly privileged white writers who obviously are more comfortable around people like Steph than they are people like Harden. It's the same reason that while in Lebron's prime, somehow Steph was the more popular player despite Lebron being possibly the greatest of all time - he was a player white suburban kids, soccer moms, and Dads at corporate IT jobs could all endorse. Harden dressing with swag, hitting the strip clubs, and generally just being true to himself and his friends(rappers, instagram hos, etc) meant he crossed a line a lot of static quo basic people just won't stand for and it makes sense because if Harden just followed the rules in life, he wouldn't get anywhere because those rules are there to hold people like him down. And for that I salute James Harden - make 'em hate you all the way to the Hall of Fame!

10. bongman

bongman Member

Just in case it was missed...nobody mentioned his defense

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Oh boy. Here comes the race card.
    So, we're now mandating that 'white' commentators can only express their disdain for 'like colored' players
    or else there a racial motive? I didn't bother even watching any of the above vid, but I'm willing to guess that if
    you asked this guy, he would also have plenty of players 'of color' that he LIKES and roots for.
    Let's not pretend that dislike in sports is only by skin color, because typically it's the color of the jersey.

Back during the 80's and 90's most people either LOVED or hated the Lakers or Celtics.
    If people of color didn't like Larry Bird was that because of his skin color or the color of his jersey?
    How about Dirk?
    Would the same rules apply here?

I didn't like Kobe and don't have much love for Curry, but also didn't like Andre Kirelenko nor Matt Harpring.
    So just what does that mean? Does everything have to be drawn down racial lines?
    Can't we just all get along?
    (everyone in the world bleeds Rocket Red, right?)

[​IMG]

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

First off, there is nothing outrageous about acknowledging the fact that we have a race issue in this country - every metric you could possibly imagine proves that people of color are negatively impacted - policed more, convicted more frequently, are paid less, underrepresented in the corporate world, underrepresented in politics, and on and on and on. That's not playing a "race card" by acknowledging that no matter inconvenient it is, it's still true that many Americans are biased against people of color - and yes, even in sports. If you don't see that, then I would say that is very much a privilege you get to live that most in this country don't and unfortunately some will even be killed because of it.

Secondly, what I am talking about specifically is the cultural divide between the Steph Currys and Klay Thompsons of the world and the James Hardens - Harden seems hood(in a negative way) to most soccer moms and tech bros while Klay and Steph are the light skinned, non offensive dudes who grew up wealthy, playing golf, going to nice schools - essentially doing all the things good clean cut white boys do. All I'm trying to acknowledge is stripped of their identity this would be a different story but whether we like it or not, James' legacy is unfairly tarnished by the culture he identifies with while Steph's is probably the opposite.

Here is a thought experiment - let's say instead of watching basketball games, the players wore those sensors they put on players when they are capturing their movement for video games and instead we watched games with CG generated players who all looked exactly the same - there were no interviews and we were only judging a player on what we saw them do on the court...do you really think Steph and James would have the same legacy they do now as a result? Again, Lebron James is possibly the greatest basketball player of all time, is super congenial, well spoken, is the spokesman for the most popular shoe brand and yet in his prime, he was somehow less popular than Steph. Seems strange if we aren't acknowledging the elephant in the room, right?

....and hey - I'm trying to get along. I'm not calling anyone a racist and I respect your viewpoint, but I would be very disingenuous if I knew better and choose to ignore the complicated racial baggage we ALL carry around in this country. I'll admit this is an unpopular opinion I'm sharing, but I think that say more about people's comfort level talking about race than me stringing together a theory that couldn't possibly be true.

Air Canada and DreamQuake like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Back to the actual video...

Dan Patrick shut him down. Focus on that.

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

If it was easy, more players would have copied successfully and done it. After all the League scrutiny, for half a decade now, it's legit offense.

Also ...
    [​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Actually, some guy compared production/jersey sales, and long story short, black players had much higher jersey sales per unit of production. Secondly, white fans are actually a minority in the NBA, according to viewership data.

You’re seeing something that simply isn’t occurring. Recency bias is likely to blame for this, unless you’re pushing a racist agenda on purpose.

BigggReddd likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow someone whining about Harden's foul calls? Never heard that before! What a fresh, hot take!

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Once again - I'm not calling anyone racist, I'm suggesting that most people harbor bias against cultures not like their own and exhibit preferences for those who are like them. One of the things I think that prevents us as a country from making headway on addressing this is that we can't seem to distinguish the nuance between a blatant racist and a very natural human compulsion that just so happens(because of the historic racial injustice of our social systems) to divide us culturally according to our skin color.

You aren't telling me anything new here with those stats - obviously there is quite a bit of nuance but in a league that is 3/4 black players one would assume more jersey sales from black players than white players. White fans being a minority of NBA viewership only bolsters my point that Steph Curry was a cultural entry point for white viewers who otherwise felt at odds culturally with the normal urban person of color that makes up the majority of the league. I wish I could find some year by year viewership data to back that up and see if there is a surge of white viewers to the NBA that coincided with Steph's rise as a player, but I believe data like that is bought and sold by Neilsen so I can only really judge anecdotally by the types of ads shown during NBA games because obviously there is a difference in an ad marketed towards a predominant black audience vs a mixed one.

Just to be clear, I think to be accurate we are really talking about a conflict in socio-economic classes but because of how people of color have been held back historically via social and political systems both directly and indirectly this effectively ends up being a conversation drawn largely around racial lines.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe the Refs ALLOW MORE HACKING in the playoffs is the narrative they DON'T WANT
    so they say he gets away with something in the Regular second . . .when the reality is in the playoffs they allow more hacking

Rocket River

19. jowman

jowman Member

Pencil neck geeks and fat ****s like windhorst should be banned from talking about sports.

Stick to snacks and trading magic cards