1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Media Conspiracy] "Harden has more help"...since WHEN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Mar 28, 2017.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You know he's averaging 25.9 ppg, right? That's good for #9 in the league.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'll respond to anyone with whom I disagree. If you want me to stop responding, then you should stop posting.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will agree that a potent offense will always trump a lockdown defense. There's just more opportunities to impact the game when you value number of possessions vs. defensive stops.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just trying to help you focus on other posts, so you don't waste your time with me. But hey, if I give you a rise, and you feel compelled to reply into the ether to a poster who doesn't give a rats ass to even read it... that's your prerogative.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So you're taking the "fingers in your ears and screaming" approach to arguing? Nice.

6. heypartner

No, I very simply said go argue with someone else....like,,, um, two posts ago.

This is cool. Are you going to respond to me again?

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't have anyone on my ignore list. If I disagree with a post, I'll post a counterargument.

8. Rockets4Life13

But but but westbrook has to shoot 62 times a game! He has no help! I think it's been ridiculous all season how they talk about the okc team.

9. heypartner

Now you're repeating yourself. You just said that two posts ago.

This is so cool. You really can't resist responding to anything and everything. You're like my new pet now.

Polly want a cracker. Post again, Fido.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Which is not too far from where he should be in MVP voting.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Honestly, he should be #2. However, if the Spurs had finished with the best record, I think voters would've awarded him the MVP. Best record, top 10 in scoring, top 2 defender, and no other current all-stars on his team.

12. SamFisher

Get ready for a metric ****-TON of "POOR RUSS HAS NO HELP AND HARDEN IS ARMED WITH DEADLY WEAPONS" hot takes in the next 24 hours boys.

Poor martyr Russ is forced to jack up 45 shots.

He is dying for Presti's sins.

BigM likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

if westbrook drove and dished to his bigs the thunder would have gotten anything they wanted.

dude has low bbiq fo real.

SamFisher likes this.
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. The refs were allowing a lot of physical play around the rim. Even Harden was having trouble getting the ball to Capela/Nene. Also, Westbrook's only target would've been Adams, and he was in foul trouble this game.

15. Mr. Space City

that has nothing to do with what i said. the thunder played harden different than the way we played westbrook.

when westbrook drives the whole defense collapses on him and leaves the big man open. if he dishes it off, those are easy buckets,

he's too concerned about chucking contested 3's while in the bonus to understand that.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It has everything to do with what you said. If the refs allow physical play under the rim, that makes it difficult for Westbrook to complete a pass to Adams. Like you said, when Westbrook drives, multiple defenders collapse on him. That means there's a lot of congestion in that area. It gets worse when you add in the additional rotating defenders. With so many bodies and so many hands slapping at the ball, do you really think that's an easy pass to complete?

17. SamFisher

Seriously - when you go up against notoriously good defensive team like Houston it's hard for a Westbrook to buy a kickout

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Kicking the ball out to the perimeter is easy, but SpaceCity is talking about funneling the ball to Adams next to the basket on a drive & dish against a collapsing defense. There's a big difference.

#138 wekko368, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody batted an eye when they handed Steven Adams 100 mil and they were praised for the Ibaka trade

But then it didn't fit the narrative...

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

B/c those moves were all about potential. Obviously Adam's performance in the 2016 season wasn't worth $25mm, but Oladipo was only 23 and Adams was only 22. OKC expected them to have breakout years, but neither of them did.

Also, from a basketball perspective, the Ibaka trade was idiotic. OKC had one of the best defensive frontcourts in Adams/Ibaka/Roberson, but they traded away Ibaka and filled his void with a rookie. Simply a terrible decision.