1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor out Tuesday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Old School, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Old School

Old School Member

2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I've been looking forward to medal of honor as well. I used to play Day of Defeat, but Return to Castle Wolfenstein blows DoD out of the water. I've played the MoH demo and its pretty awesome, and i can't wait to try the multiplayer!

3. Old School

Old School Member

Here's the home site for it:

http://mohaa.ea.com/

I've been playing a lot of Ghost Recon lately. Certainly takes some getting used to. I play mostly online. Single player is too confusing for someone like me.

os

4. Old School

Old School Member

I haven't been able to find this game anywhere in Houston. I've played both the single and multi player demos...awesome.

Anyone had any luck finding it here? I shouldve just ordered it from the official site.

os

5. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Game looks pretty sweet... keep us posted on the gameplay. I've been playing Counter-strike for about 3 years and I'm looking for a new game! Could this be it?!:eek:

6. Old School

Old School Member

Here's the review from Gamepro:

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

If you’re just looking for the best shooter for the PC—a game that engages your senses, thrills your nerves, and impresses your neighbors—stop reading this right now and go get Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
    The idea of the Medal of Honor series is to strip away the rocket jumps, plasma rifles, and quad-damage power-ups from the shooter genre and replace them with realistic war situations and opportunities for real heroism. The series exists to give you a taste of real war without all the burdensome realism of a Tom Clancy game and to enable you to wield real-period weapons and complete reality-based objectives. Allied Assault’s developer, 2015, has succeeded in presenting an engaging, exciting war backdrop without relying on genre conventions like secret doors and the like to deliver a fun experience.

You’re Lieutenant Mike Powell, and you’ve just been recruited into the OSS, the WWII-era organization that ran covert operations in the European theater. You wander through gorgeous levels built with immense attention to detail (kept “real” by advice from Hollywood military consultant Capt. Dale Dye), and you really get the feeling of being in a war. Planes fly over and drop bombs, buildings fall apart from damage, and machine gun fire tears your fellow soldiers apart in front of you. The only thing missing from this war is blood and gore, and with everything going on, you won’t have time to miss it.

Allied Assault is the first MOH to feature extensive use of friendly A.I., and for once the A.I. is extremely intelligent. Your allies and enemies alike duck behind cover, sneak for better vantage spots, and even drink from a medical canteen when wounded. You can even count on a medic for a medkit from time to time if you manage to keep him alive. It’s nice to have allies who are actually helpful and do a lot to advance your objectives.

The Medal of Honor series is known for its amazing sound, but Allied Assault puts even its predecessors to shame. Everything, from rifle shots to officers shrieking orders, sounds exactly like it must have sounded in WWII. Likewise impressive are the graphics, which are so sickeningly realistic that you’ll be squinting for muzzle flashes to find snipers or watching your friendly soldiers to see if they’re limping from damage. Take a time-out to just look at the game and see how lovely it is because the action is so intense you won’t have the chance to smell the roses too often. No shooter is perfect without great controls, and Allied Assault scores here, too. As with most shooters on the PC these days, you have ultimate control over your keyboard layout, but there’s no long list of obscure commands like there is in Wolfenstein. (What’s the Kick button for?)

Please, for crying out loud, if you like PC shooters, play this game. You won’t miss the rocket jumps or the deflector shields, and you’ll find yourself playing what could be the best first-person shooter in history. Allied Assault receives, with no hesitation, the highest honor GamePro can award.

Graphics: It lacks the colorful atmosphere of Wolfenstein, but Medal of Honor: Allied Assault doesn’t need it. Clearly the best use of the Quake III engine to date.

Sound: The Medal of Honor series is famous for great sound, and this is no exception. Play the Omaha Beach level with a subwoofer and you’ll see.

Control: Even shooter novices will be experts in no time. The transparent controls enable the game itself to shine through.

Fun Factor: It’s World War II without the horror and trauma. You get to be the victorious war hero and live to tell about it. Isn’t that what games are about?

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Counter-Strike has been out for 3 years??

I usually like to stick to one game and play it to the end. I thought RTCW was quite boring. Im definately going to try out MoH.

I can't wait till Global Ops comes out. Its a cross breed between CS/TO/UT and RTCW.

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

9. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

I am still addicted to Unreal Tournament. I have tried other games, and none come close.

I must say I have wanted this game since first seeing PC Gamer's preview of last spring or summer. It's been ordered, and is on its way.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm 99% sure that MOH:AA will be out on XBox. In fact, I read some site found out about it and released a statement that it was coming to XBox prematurely. The company that makes MOH threw a hissy fit because it wasn't an official announcement. But, this has been discussed many times on the TeamXBox forum and it looks like a sure thing.

However, the bad thing is it won't be out probably until late fall if we're lucky. I don't think I'm going to wait. Since there's no official word for XBox, there's speculation on whether it will be single player only or whether it will include multi-player online. Co-op would be nice as well.

11. Old School

Old School Member

Keeley,

I'm a UT player, too. I go by the name Houston {R}ocket. I'm looking forward to UT2 scheduled out soon.

I found Medal Of Honor at Best Buy at Richmond and the Loop near the galleria!! I haven't been home to load it yet but I can't wait!

They had about 10-12 boxes left if any of you are interested. $49 bucks a pop though.

os

12. red

red Contributing Member

counterstrike has been out for awhile...i think the first time i played it was back in 98...even then i think it had been out for awhile...beta 4 was when i started playing it and anyone who hasnt played it or doesnt think it is the best game ever is dumb....take that.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Red,

You should download Tactical Ops Mod for Unreal Tourney. Much better IMO.

14. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Cool... only I'd have a hard time getting down in time to get it - I live in Chicago :D

We should get a UT tournament together from this BBS before the game goes away for good :(

15. Old School

Old School Member

I haven't played much UT since I bought Ghost Recon a few weeks ago. And now that I own Medal Of Honor it may be even longer before I play it.

os