1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Meanwhile back in reality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by who?, May 16, 2000.

1. who?

who? Member

Okay so were not going to get Tim Duncan or Grant Hill are we. This isn't Fantasy Basketball and from what my friend at nbatalk tells me the chances of getting top 3 in this draft are slim. Noone wants out of the top 3. Vancouver/La/Orlando are all understandably very high on Swift and Martin and the Rocks despite talks just don't have anything that's interesting these clubs. No amount of Thomas,Drew,Cato, draft pick combo is going to get us top three. In fact the only side who are willing to trade away the first draft pick is the Bulls and even then that's just for another top three pick. The rational is they want Mihm and they see others want Swift and Martin, so if they trade away their one pick they can pick up something else as well as still getting Mihm with the number three.

So anyway with our number 9 pick, our trade exemption, and that free agent exemption I was just wondering who anyone thinks the Rockets have a realistic shot of getting.

------------------