1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale's impact on Twill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

Judging by his triple double average in the D-league, its safe to say that Twill can be an impact player in the NBA.

I know its the D-league, but its also a triple double.

Adelman did not play many rookies even if they were clearly better then their veteran counterparts. I won't talk about Jermaine Taylor because its too late for him. What will McHale do with the squid?

In before the tweet

1 person likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

McHale's will likely impact Squid by demanding Daryl Morey trade his ass.

3. AFS

AFS Member

We'll have to wait and see. He can definitely be an impact player and he has tons of potential, he's just not so gifted mentally. He put up some ridiculous numbers towards the end of his rookie season.

Let's hope under new coaching he pans out.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm sure it'll be an open competition between all players and McHale will give him a chance. Hopefully he'll have his head on straight cause he's a super weirdo on Twitter.

We shall see.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If T-Will stays with the team, i think he will play more and become a good contributor. If he stays.

6. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Watch out. People love to ignore any common sense when it comes to T-Will on this board. Everything, without a doubt, is his fault...and he will never work good with any coach, ever....

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I hope that Squid figures out how to do what the coaches ask of him versus what Squid wants to do ... but I will not be surprised if he wastes away at the end of the bench.

8. Omer

Omer Member

He's so damn good in NBA 2K11 it gets my hopes up for the team next season everytime I play.

9. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

I know Twill gets alot of hate on this board, but I hope McHale gives him an opportunity to play his game and get a chance to play through his mistakes. The knock on him is shooting and decision making. Shooting can be improved mechanically and through repetition: Jordan Hill, Scola, and Lowry for example. But decision making is best learned through real game time experience. Adleman's decision to not play him was absolutely just. He had his own career to worry about. He's a hall of fame coach wanting to make the playoffs and he shouldn't have to adjust his game plan for a single guy he won't get coach in the future to reach his potential . With McHale on board, we have nothing to lose.

The potential is there. We whine about not having a free agent with star potential come here and a lack of defense. He provides both. The first time they experimented with a Twill and CLee backcourt, our perimeter defense was suffocating. We had full court presses, passing lane pressure, and t/o to points opportunities. We focused too hard on the couple of bad forced shots without taking into account that he had probably two mins of garbage time to get his chance to show something to Adleman.

Give the guy a chance. He's a young proffessional basketball player with a twitter account, who cares what he says. If everyone here had twitter when they were in their early 20's talking about what was on their mind about their life and occupation at that time in their lives and posted it on a message board, there would be plenty to scutinize.

10. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

This is just a total guess...
    Mchale plays Squid in the beginning of the season with very little minutes. Towards the middle of the season he'll become a role player, and towards the end Mchale will TRY and TEST Squid at the starting SF over a inconsistent Bud. :]

11. van chief

van chief Member

LOL nice

your bar its already so..... green

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I seriously hope that McHale won't ride out a horrific Budinger start the way Adelman did. I'd rather see someone else in during a terrible stretch of shooting like he had.

13. J-Smoove

J-Smoove Member

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Adelman always liked to see Budinger get abused by bigger SF's and see him in a shooting slump. I mean, he did great when Battier JUST got traded. But 4-5 games after, he just started being the same bench Bud. :(

14. Toast

Toast Member

I think McHale's impact will be that he gives T Williams a chance to earn some playing time. I've also wondered when I've heard grumblings about locker-room troubles if it's specifically about the chip on T Williams's shoulder being removed with the departure of Adelman.

Dude's got a lot of talent. And maybe a fresh start with a new coach is what he needs to prove himself on the court and in the locker room.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As oppose to what? RA's tried and true failure of marching out garbage players like Budinger to lose the lead for us? It is not so much common sense, but the fact that we don't have much other options. Fact remains that T-Will is infinitely more talented that the trash Budinger has consistently shown us. It is also fact that he is still young, dumb, and volatile. Common sense dictates that we take the actually talented and athletic player over the crappy system player and see if he can eventually screw his head on straight. No one is saying that it is isn't his fault for being a total dumbass. We are saying that there is no point in playing Budinger over someone like T-Will, because Budinger was trash.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Also, we need to keep an eye on Kelvin Cato. He averaged almost 6 blocks a game in preseason! In one game he got a triple-double 20/13/12! I know it was just preseason, but he's playing against real NBA players and a triple-double is a triple-double. If we need a defensive-minded center in the middle (and we do), Cato makes these guys in the draft look like little boys.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-23862607.html

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lucky for us, we don't have CD around to jump the gun and sign guys like Cato to an albatross contract anymore.

18. gtb

gtb Member

I hope that McHale gives Williams an honest chance

19. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

i'm as happy as he is... with our new coach :)

go t-will!

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Adelman never gave T-Will a chance. I'm sorry but you guys can't judge when some player gets like 5-10 minutes inconsistently in garbage time, not to mention it is days and days before he starts playing again.