1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If he was so important for the Rockets, why didn't he make more of a difference for the Kings? They were a much worse team than the Rockets. Surely a guy that was so important to a better team like the Rockets could have improved the Kings more. When Chuck sat in 10-11, did he have a competent 7-footer replacing him? Funny how none of the usual suspects mention Camby, only Dalembert.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chuck got fat. Was also not as effective on a free-for-all Offense Kings team.

Kings also lost Dalembert, who was overall pretty effective for them (and, at times, for Houston as well). As for Camby, he was at about the same level as the "good Dalembert," and and is essentially a wash in comparison to what Dalembert was in the early part of the season when Dalembert fell off late in the year. Camby also was not entirely healthy.

In the end, Hayes, Dalembert and Camby provided a similar level of performance for the team at different times.

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Adding Parsons was nice, but Martin was struggling against new rules.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

New York, still can't get over Lin, making up stories just to feel close him, like a ex that keeps leaving stuff at your place so she can pick it up.

5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

They don't. I am not sure which one, but it is either the post or the daily news that is owned by the guy who owns fox news if I am not mistaken. That speaks for itself.

7. koopa

koopa Member

What do you expect out of a head coach's reaction when your whole first team squad is broken into smithereens for future draft picks? You expect him to be fine and dandy? LoL. Obviously he would be pissed off

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Good on him if its true. Morey messed up big time on that one.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Was it a hissy fit?

Good on him.

10. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I doubt McHale gets replaced anytime soon unless a prime opportunity presents itself. Talkin like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley or Jerry Sloan decide they want to come coach here. If we do indeed trade for Howard, one of the last things we want is huge instability in the coaching staff; would just give him more incentive to bolt.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Maybe its me, but it's hard to picture Morey and Sloan working well together.

Morey: "Hey Jerry, I've got you some really talented rookies, please play them"

Sloan: "Stay out of my affairs or I'll quit"

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Morey: "Hey Jerry, I've got you some really talented rookies, please play them"

Sloan: "Stay out of my affairs or do the Karl Malone Flop"....:grin:

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Budonholzer is the Chris Finch of the Spurs. He's Pop's de-facto successor. He's been offered a chance at coaching gigs but turns down interviews himself.

Anyways, people make too much about Pop's assistant coaches. All of them have been awful with Mike Brown rounding out the list. If the coach isn't pop they are OVER RATED.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No joke, but Chuck is a near zero in any offense.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What is so fantastic about Chris Finch?

16. ejarts

ejarts Member

blah blah blah Martin struggling with new rules. he was playing through shoulder injury!! he didn't say anything about it til it got too obvious. Kmart doesn't need touch fouls to . he can score ON WILL. so many defensive teams said after every game how they can't stop Kmart from scoring. stop underestimating him just cause we haven't seen him play in a while. any REAL NBA fan knows how good Kmart is. and he did improve his defense last year. he just didn't play enough to show it.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nah. Martin just didn't play. Could tell he stopped caring.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

this report links to another reports which links to NY Daily News. so it's probably the opposite.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

That he's on the same page as the Rockets front office. If you subscribe to the theory that players win championships, then wouldn't it be better if you have cohesion between coach and management in regards to drafting and developing players into their potential?

After all, switching coaches is a worthless endeavor until you actually have your stars in place.