1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "(Lin) rather have 29pts and 9 TOs, I tell him 'we wanna win'""

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

5 is a pretty small sample size

2. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

done, fua Mchale

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Scoring over turnovers? You mean turnovers over scoring right? What wrong with that? Lin gets paid millions of dollars to take critisizm. He'll be fine and learn.

4. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

What Im saying is do Lin's TOs come from him forcing HIS OWN SHOT?

I swear most of his TOs come from FORCED PASSES that are much harder to make than if he'd take the shot himself.

Or is Jeremy really a selfish chucker who ignores open teammates to get his points and my LOF-colored glasses don't see it? :p

You've got me, I forced McHale to make these comments just to cleverly create a Pro-Lin thread. Clearly.

5. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

You know when I think about the comment even more now I got a bit more angry, because if you were to say this to ANY player, the moment you start to attack a player's character, that is a step too far man, and really uneccessary.

And the punchline? 'Jeremy, we're trying to win' - so don't be selfish Jeremy and try to pat your stats, because we are trying to win.

Man, that just gets my blood boiling. First its my rookies not getting enough playing time and the uprighteous biasness towards these 'young' players, and now publicly denouncing your own players, bloody outrage!

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I feel sorry for Morey, he is receiving all the crap (people tweeting him)

7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

whats not a small sample size is, the win% ratio for his team whenever Lin scores 25+ points regardless of TOs

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

McHale's just saying Lin plays too aggressive/liberally/recklessly, and he needs to be a little more patient/conservative/deliberate.

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

If there's anything more inane than calling him Mcfail and saying you've always given him the benefit of the doubt, I don't know what it is. As far as your give up and quit attitude on Lin, that's hard for me to fathom also.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Did you read what I posted? I said it's well known that Pops picked on Parker more so than any other player on the Spurs.

11. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Long analysis of Lin/Mchale relationship.

http://jeremylintelligence.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/revisiting-the-mchalelin-dynamics-and-other-ruminations/

12. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

A missed shot can also lead to high PPP transition plays...the positives are balanced with the negatives. A home run pass that leads to a 90% fg make/foul, outweighs turning the ball over around 40% of the time on those plays.

13. OpportunityCost

Basically just last 5 months as a coach and then Minnesota said they've seen enough.

14. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

According to McHale's comment, Lin is choosing his scoring over keeping his TOs down and helping his team team. If that does'nt say selfish, you need to brush up on your reading comprehension. And yes he gets paid millions, but that doesnt mean he should be treated like crap by his coach in front of the media.

15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well what are you going to do about it? Send Mchale an angry email? There's not much us rockets fan can do about this. We can send the front office all the messages we want, they aren't going to fire Mchale because we told them to. Now might Mchale get fired at the end of the season? Yeah sure thats a possibility, if we make the playoffs I doubt they will though

16. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

McHale could be trying to turn Lin into a D.Johnson type of PG

What McHale wants
    D.Johnson
    Good defender
    12/6 guy
    Solid roleplayer

Rox fans want
    Above avg. Defender
    15/7 guy
    third option

What Lin fans want
    18/8 guy
    second option

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

Whats the context? Taken out of context, the dailynews can make everything sound like something its not. I find it hard to believe McHale doesn't want him to be aggressive and try to score. When he does so we usually win and his TOs are low. When he defers and is passive, thats when the TO's mount up.

18. gate470

gate470 Rookie

WTF Lucky Charm, why? You knew exactly how this thread was going to turn out. :mad:

This is not the first time Mchale's brought this up. It's been discussed in the Fire Mchale thread already.

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I understand what you're saying and you have a point about the TOs on the days he scores a lot.

It's happened three times and we are 2-1 in those three games. How three games not a small sample?

20. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Not sure how I feel about this but McHell definitely calls out all his players and not just Lin.

If that quote is really true, then I lost some respect for McHell.