1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Out 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HipHopSince1981, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I hope that a two week rest can solve the team problems that we are having by closely looking at what we can do best. The trade of Tmac is a not solution (low value), plus that this team has more than that. We can not change the coach too since he is the best one we can get, but this coach has a weak mind, can not control the team, which is not a good news for the long term run.

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

According to the Chronicle article, McGrady says pretty much what everyone else has been saying -- this in and out of the lineup thing is not working (and by my conjecture, actually it has actually hurt the team in more ways than they thought). It was a bad idea to begin with, and I agree with those who said that he should have stuck with his original plan and stayed out for the full three weeks instead of coming back early because the criticism was getting under his skin. Watching his performance fall off after that first great game, it really seemed to me like the comments from fans and media got under his skin and he wanted to come back and prove something to his doubters, but he forced the issue and things got monumentally worse for him and for the team.

This is the best solution for now. The conventional wisdom was that a hobbled T-Mac was still better than no T-Mac, but now it's clear that he has to get significantly better before he can really help this team. Scratching out a regular season win here and there is not the objective anyway. He needs to be as healthy as possible in April, and that's the important thing.

4. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Who Cares!?!

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

6. i3artow i3aller

The writing is on the wall. T-Mac is absolutely done in Houston, and Ron Artest as well. They faked injuries in order to sabotage this team, and now we will try and get anything back for them. It will not be marion or anyone worth all that much. We'll get malcontents and scrubs, and DD will love them all as if they were his own.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL. This was probably the most unintentionally humorous post I've read today.

8. i3artow i3aller

Drop the un from the intentionally and you're spot on my friend. The sky is not falling here in Houston....yet.

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I still don't believe this is a random 2 week rest. Look at our opponents in this two weeks:

Tue 13 vs LA Lakers
    Sat 17 vs Miami
    Mon 19 vs Denver
    Wed 21 vs Utah
    Fri 23 @ Indiana
    Sun 25 @ Detroit

These are clearly hard games for us, and none of them is back-to-back, so Tmac was suppose to be in all of them.

I don't think the team would accually want Tmac to rest during these games, especially along with Artest and Battier. It has to be Tmac's own will. He is either protecting his knee from higher intense games, or just running away.

The schedule after these two weeks are farely easy.

Mon 26 @ New York
    Wed 28 vs Philadelphia
    Sat 31 vs Golden State
    Tue 03 vs Chicago
    Wed 04 @ Memphis
    Sat 07 vs Minnesota

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm all for this, if he comes back rested and in better shape (his knee) than he is in now...rest it for gods sake. There's no point him injuring it more by playing and scoring 6pts. Let's see what wafer can do for us this week.

Time for Scola (who's been awesome!), Landry, and Wafer to STEP IT UP.

Hope we get back an energetic TMAC on my birthday, the 26th.

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Glad he's finally sitting out. We're better without him in the present, and have no chance without him in the future.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Everyone needs to pay attention to this. T-Mac wasn't going to miss any of these games. He wouldn't have been in and out of the lineup.

13. i3artow i3aller

The schedule has played a part. This feels like the first home stand since the 07/08 season. He'll be able to get treatment and work everyday with the Rockets, Doctors, and Doc Rocket looking over his injured shoulder. We don't have too many upcoming games so he'll miss about six games in total. I am concerned about what kind of mins this means Battier will be receiving. Oh well, I'm sure he'll eventually be shelved again soon anyhow.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My feelings exactly. I mean to a tee. How convenient he needs to be out "two weeks" when that is how long we're playing at home.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Please. The fans at TC would actually have to know what's going on with the team to boo him. :rolleyes:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The fans here are the same as the fans at the TC...we are they.

DD

17. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Well Clutch, you're the insider on 1560. How long does management deal with this until they start to treat him like Marbury?

18. i3artow i3aller

BREAKING NEWS!!! T-mac has become highly addicted to shark fin soup while vacationing/working for Adidas over in China. He made friends with a dastardly deviant of a black market salesman and has arranged to exchange Yao Ming for a lifetime supply of soup. I knew it! I just knew there was something fishy about this whole situation.

T-Mac was also spotted leaving down the back steps of Yao's wifes house at three in the monring. No word on if she shares a similiar addiction for the soup, but if they were not sharing a delicious bowl of shark fin soup then what exactly were they sharing? While the cats away how the mice shall play, eh?

Yao has always had Tracy's back, but T-Mac crossed the line while faking this most recent injury and spraying a cortisone shot into Yao's eyes while screaming something about Ye Li affinity for eating the head. Yao Ming grew so violent that he tipped a trash can over, only to walk back over four mins later and pick it all up. The trash, like the Rockets season, laid strewn about the floor in fragmented, possibly even injured, pieces.

19. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

There are lots of words to describe the crowd at TC, knowledgeable isn't one of them.

20. aka665

aka665 Member

we might as well just keep him out til playoffs...

he just needs to stop coming back ahead of schedule...

take a look at manu, he chose to miss some time at the beginning of the season, and while the spurs lost a lot of early games, they're fine now...

it'll take more than 2 weeks to get him back into the shape we'll need him for the playoffs... so i'd just rest him for a month, til after the all star game... if he still ends up sucking, trade him during the summer