1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe they were right about harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 5, 2020.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this is such horsesh!t. Adjusting has nothing to do w effort. Dude flat out doesn’t try half the game. Refuses to move without the ball. Refuses to try something different when his 3 isn’t falling. Refuses to get back on D. Refuses to sprint on a damn fast break for an easy dunk ffs! He’s purposely relegated his own game to solely step backs or fishing for fouls near the basket. It’s like he can’t be bothered to try something else.

year after year after year it’s tired excuse after tired excuse for why this guy shrinks anytime the pressure ratchets up. We all know the old adage “do whatever it takes to win”.... well Harden is the exact opposite of that.

ilovehtownbb, subtomic and hikanoo49 like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

He's literally had one interview where he's said one thing...and even that one thing was a defensive response to something someone else said.

But sure, keep acting like Harden is saying some variant of "I'm the best" every single day to every single media outlet. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HP3 likes this.
  3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He needs to bring back that mid range game but he has it stuck in his head to keep jacking up threes.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Why because we haven’t beaten teams that were more talented like every. single. time. Check our roster we are not playing with a stacked deck like the Bucks, Clips, and Lakers.’, mostly the first two.

5. Asian Sensation

“I wish I could just run and be 7 feet and just dunk.”

Me too James. Me too.

6. rockets13champs

Yesterday he talked about Giannis saying in ASG the whole team was targeting him on defense it was more than Once

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

NBA championship players don't quit on their teams multiple times during games. I've watched over two decades of basketball and don't see that from the greats. Harden will soon have a come to Jesus moment that will either be here or sadly somewhere else.

Harden gets everything he asks for in Houston. Want a dominant center, here's Dwight, secondary floor general? Welcome CP3. He's run each of these two away. Now he forces the team to bring his BFF and we'll see how this offseason goes.

He's gotten paid, gotten MVP, gotten a shoe deal but no ring. Not even a finals appearance o here. I hope his body doesn't fail him before he gets a chance to prove the haters wrong but as of now he's just another T-mac here with better stats and BETTER talent around him.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

****ing 18% on HIGH volume.

would rather let westbrook chuck them up at this point

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

one of the best posts ive seen on CF in a long time

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden is no chance of winning a championship being this one dimensional offensively. He has regressed from a stylistic standpoint and that is disappointing to see. He's an elite talent but he's becoming "easy" to defend with how predictable his shot selection is.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

People will still defend him chucking up 20 contested step backs a game while hitting lkle 10 percent of them.

Stop ****ing chucking

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so for the self-proclaimed "best player in the world" it's everyone else's fault but his for our playoff shortcomings? got it. here's a crazy thought - maybe if the "best player in the world" could be bothered to diversify his offensive game some, perhaps get back on D or perhaps not throw lazy turnovers or miss crucial ft's in crunch time our team would have better success against those "stacked deck" teams.

you can blame our roster and coach all you want but the lack of hustle he routinely shows when his shot isn't falling, isn't getting bailed out by the refs, isn't the alpha on the court or when things get tight against top teams is squarely on him.

perhaps you should start expecting more out of the "best player in the world" instead of excusing all of his very consistent shortcomings.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He's been looking pretty bad - by his standards - for a while.

I assume he's hindered some way athletically from an injury and that's why he appears to be slower and less explosive. Because if he's not injured and is just taking it easy for no real reason, that would be a bummer.

14. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You use "like" more than a 12 year old girl.

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Harden may be able to win later in his career but just not as the #1 or #2 guy

The unfortunate part of Hardens career was that he may have been mentored and he was placed into a leadership role at a very young age (went from a six man to being the "star"). Often times, this doesnt work well (I.E. Carmello)

Harden never needed to develop a complete game. He was a great ball dominant scorer but never developed the other components needed to win. He has certain areas where he is extremely strong but some areas where he is lacking. I wish we could get Mario Elie to mentor Harden as that guy was tough as nails

16. HP3

HP3 Member

He’s been playing great defense since the trade. Did you not see the Boston game? I criticize Harden plenty when he has bad games. Yea he played bad.Its a regular season game though, you need to move on this isn’t the playoffs.

Lol also diversify his offensive game as if he wasn’t one of the best offensive players ever. He has bad games but why is he singled out, every superstar plays like ass at some point. Also bailed out by the refs..... are you kidding me, bro what kind of nonsense is that. Like this is the stuff I’m talking about when superstars shots arent falling they all look bad. He showed up in the playoffs last year I expect him to show up again this year. Until then if you think he’s choker or whatever than stop watching cause this team is made or broken by him.

17. MystikArkitect

Hes in a funk. Rather now than in May.

18. jb86

jb86 Member

Harden does not want to get beat up every night. Thats exactly what will happen when he drives to the hole. Especially against the elite teams. This is why he settles for the 3 ball a lot.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  19. Entropy

Entropy Member

I've said before a long time ago that Harden would have a Jerry West type career, great numbers in his prime, but a championship only in his last few years just before retirement. Of course I'd be more than ecstatic if he brought a championship to houston earlier than that.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

James Harden has been so spectacular in his career that he has made 30 points on 58% true shooting(his numbers since January 1)seem like garbage basketball.

When in reality 99% of the league wishes they could do that.

jcf and Red Chocolate like this.