1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe..just maybe... Daryl Morey isn't "that" smart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake1, Jul 18, 2012.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can't beleive this poster has thread posting privelages.

2. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

signing Lin is a great business move and Lin is only 23 and hes above average with a high ceiling

DeAnre Jordan is overpaid, Asik is a great deal.. anytime you have an elite defensive C that also rebounds, he gets paid.. DeAndre overpaid, big difference for a more athletic Kelvin Cato catching alleys :rolleyes:

3. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Some of those are commas, inexplicably....and it is "definitely" not "DEFIANTLY". Although maybe....just maybe....you were just trying to be defiant.

....you have just made an ass of yourself, while calling someone stupid.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This is why rookie status exists.

5. Garner

Garner Member

You are my least favorite poster.

6. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

I disagree. If he wants to overpay for a PG fine. But he should have overpaid Dragic or just kept Lowry.

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

was thinkin that but chose to let it slide, gave him a decent reply.. some of these thread priveladges are a lil too generous

8. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Cool:cool:

FYI, not everybody on a message board will agree with you

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Wow what a dumbass. This guy would rather have Zeller over Terrence Jones.
    An "undersized" forward. At 6-10 260lbs LOL.

You want to know what metrics went into the decision? Why don't you look at any advanced stats. He's the best defender on the entire Bulls squad. Yes, were talking about the defensive juggernaut Bulls. As a matter of fact, he rebounds and defends better than Noah. Everyone is better defensively with him on the court. He is one of the best defensive players at any postion in the entire league according to advanced stats.

Which center in the draft did the same thing as Asik? I'm dying to know.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dreamshake1 is definitely AND defiantly stupid.

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

lmao classic

12. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Drafting a center is risky... and indeed a lot of them are busts...

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

14. Garner

Garner Member

Stupendous.

It has nothing to do with a differing opinion.

15. Aceman2009

Aceman2009 Contributing Member

I think dragic is worth 8 mil a year but the player option is what killed it. It doesnt help to give a player that much control when trying to stay flexible. But with dragic out of question and no other worthy point guard available u either let new York match or pay a little extra for what others think he is worth (even tho some have pointed out that players not as good make a lot more) and secure a good pg with high upside. What move would u have made instead? And if u say give dragic the player option you are just crazy.

16. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

I get it. Anybody who suggest Morey is anything less than god can't post here or make threads. Every thread should start with "In Morey we trust", "I love you Morey", or "Is Lin the next Magic".

You guys will get killed in a basketball debate:)

17. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

Meaningless Trend....

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I think this is what gives me confidence about asik......... it is clear that morey has wanted asik ever since the tmac trade days.... the last player that morey wanted this bad was kyle lowry. Lets not forget that when the trade was made people hated it, then when we matched his offer people said we are overpaying and look at what kyle lowry has become. i believe torontos GM called him the future of PGs .... so yah i think ill trust his judgement

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Why keep Lowry? He now has a lottery pick and Lin instead of just Lowry

If you don't think both together are worth more than Lowry on his own, you're not so smart.

Dragic, I can understand. He says the 4th year was a sticking point. I can't argue if Morey had an issue with that. But if you think he should have just taken the 4th year anyway, fine.

You sound pretty stupid when you are sarcastically asking "show me metrics!" when everything we've read about Asik IS metrics. That's a big reason people are so high on him and his defense. Either you haven't read or you don't care--either way, you're judging with limited knowledge, which is poor form

20. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I'm getting kind of tired of people saying "undersized" power forward.

6'1 - 6'2 PG
    6'5 - 6'6 SG
    6'7 - 6'8 SF
    6'9 - 6'10 PF
    6'11 - 7' C

Those are the correct projected heights of an NBA body relative to the position they play.

Anyone who falls outside said criteria are 'exceptions to the rule'. Zeller is NOT going to be better than either White or Jones, and you have no knowledge if you think he will be. Centers get paid, simple as that, and Asik is both younger and better than Perkins. Lin is overpaid, but in order to get an RFA, you have to do so. Asik is probably underpaid, it's the truth.