1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maxwell's Rockets vs. Curry's Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 15, 2015.

?

Who wins?

1. Rockets in 4

35.1%
  2. Rockets in 5

26.0%
  3. Rockets in 6

16.9%
  4. Rockets in 7

7.8%
  5. Warriors in 7

5.2%
  6. Warriors in 6

3.9%
  7. Warriors in 5

1.3%
  8. Warriors in 4

3.9%
  1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No one on GS can stop Dream and Sam Cassell, and Maxwell and other guards on the rockets can stop Curry and Thompson. Dream would also block every shot when they want to go inside.

2. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Mad max would have killed Steph and/or taken that stupid mouthpiece and shoved it straight up his behind.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys are blind homers. It would not be as easy as you think.

OP says it's under current rules. They would double Hakeem without the ball. Basically it would be Seattle's defense but blatantly legal. You know how the Rockets went against that. With Thorpe not having much range, our offense would struggle.

But our defense would be elite, better than the Cavs. And the Warriors would find it extremely hard to score.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is people are too focused on illegal defenses being dropped as the major shift. Today's game favors offenses and part of that was the change in how you are allowed to defend.

Yes, zones give you better ability to defend the perimeter for sure. On the flip side, defensive 3 seconds is a huge liability for today's defenses that outweighs zones. Hakeem would not be able to camp out in the paint. GS would spread the court and force him to guard someone out of the paint. GSW would force us to defend the perimeter far more and that would open up the lane and have a negative impact on Hakeem.

The other thing is on the offensive end the zone defenses make it much easier to defend the paint and harder to back down players. That's one reason the post game has suffered. Hakeem was a good passer though so it would have helped of course.

Overall, I just don't think it's fair to compare teams across eras. The Hakeem teams were built for one era of basketball. GSW were built for today's era.

I think GSW playing 90's basketball wouldn't make it to the finals. I think the Rockets of the 94 era would have trouble with GS of today playing today's rules.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

it would be a gentleman's sweep. Come on, Mad Max? He would have Curry tapping out after 3.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Golden state ain't the super sonics, they play more like the barkley suns.

So if they illegal d on dream, mad max will go off for 33 points

Plus our team can shoot too. Kenny smith i, Bullard, horry, cassell

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rockets in 7 because you can't really guard Curry with the current rules. They need to bring back the hand check.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

When I see Mosgov and Tristan Thompson (who sucked at Texas) grabbing rebounds on the warriors, I think Dream/OT/Herrera would kill them.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

No dude,

We don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OvxljBPrXJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CLUTCH CITY IS FOREVER

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I don't understand why so many guys like to dispute so-so thread.
    Tim's Spurs Vs Dream's Houston;
    Sark's Lakes VS Dream's Houston;
    Lebron's Miami Vs Kobe's Lakes
    If u guys always discuss so-so topics, u cann't give yourself any solution

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I voted before I saw todays rules. Rockets in a sweep and Dream would probably average 40 and 12. If you couldnt check Dream like back then it would be curtains.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets would lose by about a kabillion points under current rules. The spokes and wheel offense would result in a zillion turnovers and Mad Max would shoot them out of the rest.