1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Jul 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Also, can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet, but:

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Co-sign on this. I think Reali is more likeable and so I'm glad Reali is the ATH host not Kellerman.

Now put Keller in front of the mike for a Boxing fight and I'm down! I think he is fantastic when it comes to Boxing knowledge but otherwise I can't stand listening to him.

3. ferrari77

Not sure it's a downward move for the talent in terms of (1) Salary and (2) job opportunity. I'm sure the ESPN talent moving to FS1 aren't moving into lateral positions in terms of the shows they'll be doing and if they are I'm sure they're receiving a salaray increase to leave Bristol or away from the ESPN LA offices.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Right, that's kinda what I meant, you just explained it a lot better lol. It's basically ESPN being cheap. And for the talent, it's like going to a crap team for more money.

5. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Speaking of ESPN talent, why is Bomani Jones hanging out with Dan and his Dad? I thought that show was about a father and son talking sports. It's just odd that Jones is involved now.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Max is a solid analyst. I like his takes on most things related to sports but specifically boxing.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like this. Max has a great voice, Reali reminds me too much of Pettitte and I don't like Yankees.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

that show is so bad. I can't believe it lasted this long. I remember when it first started I was predicting it would be canceled soon.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Can't stand him on boxing at all lol

Only guy I liked on HBO was when Merchant would do the post fight interviews. Other than that, I just tune everyone out.

10. ferrari77

You just dislike him regardless of what he does lol Equal opportunity hater. :grin:

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

his radio show with marcellus wiley is terrible. I mean terrible. I would prefer going to a knitting convention in iowa.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Around the Horn was a show that Kellerman constructed. Its funny to note that the format has basically not changed one bit, despite the fact that he hasn't been host since 2004.

That's almost 10 years ago! Yet people still associate the show just as much with him as they do with statboy.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I actually like this show and think Papi is hilarious. Could also because he's a huge homer that likes the same teams lol.

On another note, no comments about Kellerman's rapping abilities? I thought it was surprisingly 'not-bad'.

14. Postcall

Postcall Member

Kellerman is probably the best on ESPN radio. Prefer them to all the guys here in NYC. SAS screaming for 3 hrs is just grating after awhile.

15. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, very strong. I first heard him, heard of him, back in the 90's when he used to guest host on Rome's show (speaking of, whatever happened to him?). Kellerman talking about boxing is the one thing that stands out in my mind.

And a big thank you to whoever just introduced me to Charrissa Thompson, had to do a quick google pic search. Thank you indeed, kind sir.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Rome still has a radio show... I hear it all the time out here in Cali, on one of the AM sports stations...

As for Charssa, HNNNNNNGGGGGG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Sports Nation is the second worst show on ESPN . First being being LeBaturd and his dad.

18. ferrari77

You do know there's a show called this on ESPN

[​IMG]

Featuring these two

[​IMG]

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why is this guy such a deuche? He is sooo politically correct to a fault. It looks cowardly.

He sucks at argumentation

And now he has harden as 4th in MVP just 2 weeks after making that deuchey concession to harden?

Ive always been bothered by this dude. He is a typical east coast deuchebag that thinks the rest of america are peons. He is very condescending and not smart enough to back it up.

When you hear him talk about political/social issues he sounds like a tumblr social justice fool.

I disagree with smith and cain a lot but they routinely get the best of max

mario_v likes this.
  20. likestohypeguy

I don't like it when he tries to interrupt screamin' A's 30minlong scream rants with crap like "well to be fair, yesterday you said...", And providingwordy counterpoints no one wants to hear, usually to S.A .S's rhetorical questions, for the strawman setup and knockout. Shut up Mac.

Less max, more uninterrupted SAS scream sessions.