1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman says James Harden is the 7th best player in the NBA.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

He doesn't hate Harden. He probably doesn't care one way or the other. He's just doing what he needs to do to get paid.

These talking heads say outrageous things to get people excited or upset. Get people to tune in for the next outrageous take. After awhile who cares what they say. It means nothing. They just doing what needs to be done to get paid. First take is like the national enquirer of sports journalism. Tune in daily to hear professional talkers say crazy things to get headlines and more viewers which makes them more money.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Kellerman is a SAS wantabe. He tries to make controversial statements to get people to watch. If SAS had of been there, I guess he has the day off today, the argument very well could have been SAS spouting this BS and Kellerman taking the other side. Like a couple of you said earlier Kellerman speaks out of both sides of his mouth. Probably more guilty of this than any sports analyst ,if you want to call him that, in a long time.

Fact is Harden is 1st or 2nd best player in the league in no particular order with LBJ. The only thing that I agreed with in the MK discussion on Harden is that Harden needs no hold back some of his energy for the end of games and for the playoffs. It seems to me that the game in and game out Harden carries the team on his back and is literally wore out oftentimes at the end of games and during critical times in the playoffs. He takes a beating all game long and all season long because of the way he plays. We need to make sure that he gets proper rest during the game and throughout the season. That's on our head coach to make that happen. And our role players need to do their jobs to take as much pressure off him as possible.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That story sounds hauntingly familiar. Good thing it's just sports he is polluting dumb casual fans with, and not millions of American voters. The other guy in the national spotlight actually became President.

#63 deb4rockets, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  4. valorita

valorita Member

Harden’s best argument is that his floor is a .500 team in the west and his peak to date is a 65 win juggernaut who was an injury away from a championship.

AD, Westbrook, Giannis, Leonard...
    Basically anyone not named Lebron/KD/Currry are not worthy of being in the conversation.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I don’t know how you can rank Harden so low when he’s demonstrated year after year that you can surround him with random players and he’ll still take you to 50ish wins and maybe even a playoff round win. He’s an offense by himself.

s3ts and BaselineFade like this.
  6. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

It is not only a swept, but also the largest point difference per game for the final in the history of NBA. Lebron now holds No.1(last season) and No.2(2014 against Spurs), nobody ever brought that up.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They aren’t pretending

We live in a extremely sensitive time in human history
    Back in 1999 we weren’t such suckers

This generation is making Kylie Jenner , max Kellerman and Travis Scott rich

It’s the sicko generation

BaselineFade and napalm06 like this.
  8. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I can't believe that Kylie Jenner is already a billionaire, surpassing Zuckerberg to be the youngest ever(self made) to do so. For my generation, it's like saying Britney Spears deserves to make more money than Bill Gates, unbelievable.

s3ts and tinman like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Did you see the latest planet of the apes ?
    The humans got the virus and became dumber while the apes became smarter

It’s happening now

Also I only think Kendal is good looking while the others look unnatural

10. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

The thing you guys need to realize is IF harden isn't "good" enough, or not top 5, or chokes, or a product of mikes system , or relies on FT's etc, etc, (basically NOT a great player). Why do they talk about him so much? 1 Cause he's a threat to what they want. 2. Cause he gets clicks, viewers etc. I've seen SO many folks complain over and over again he isn't fun to watch. Well don't watch him lol. Also who wants to wager he is a starter on allstar team again?

11. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

The thing you guys need to realize is IF harden isn't "good" enough, or not top 5, or chokes, or a product of mikes system , or relies on FT's etc, etc, (basically NOT a great player). Why do they talk about him so much? 1 Cause he's a threat to what they want. 2. Cause he gets clicks, viewers etc. I've seen SO many folks complain over and over again he isn't fun to watch. Well don't watch him lol. Also who wants to wager he is a starter on allstar team again?

12. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Hopefully now double stepback and 15-35 or they will believe me.

13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Hopefully now double stepback and 15-35 or they will believe me.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Girls want to be like her
    They are insecure and want to get lip and butt injections so they can screw rappers before they hit 21
    She’s recognized there is a huge market for insecure young girls who want to associate with a rich girl who has no talent

I’m not judging moral standards
    Just observing the human race decaying

alethios likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

AD has no help like Harden did with his 3 other weapons in the 4 man rotation

16. tinman

Supporting Member

It doesn’t matter

This is the same as people believing the bachelor is a show about real people

17. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yeah, but I like the old ones much better than the latest one.

Kendal is pretty, not so good looking face but definitely natural and great body. To me all the other Kardaishians look ugly, Kim is on the same level as EJ Johnson(Magic Johnson's son) as far as ugliness is concerned.

18. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Even boys want to be like her. I mean, the fact that she made herself a billionaire at age 21 without extraordinary intelligence or hard work is insane.

19. farhen

farhen Member

Bias-pn of course doesn't surprise me

20. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Players DQ from the discussion due to having All-NBA talent around them that pushed them to winning the championship: Lebron, Steph, KD, Kawhi (Duncan era)
    Players that are in-play for discussion given their lack of star teammates: Harden (pre-CP3), AD, Giannis

Among those in his category, he's led two different teams and systems/coaches to the WCF; whereas, his counterparts have only made the Conf Semis.
    For the category with All-NBA talent, Harden has challenged each one of them in terms of greatness and outshines all but Lebron in terms of carrying the load.

If we're to be honest, Harden's in his own category and his game warrants better coverage than what they throw him after every single win. For someone who's the prototypical self-made star, he has been judged never by his potential but by what he hasn't accomplished. The media coverage needs to be called out for that. Ryan Holland so far has made the best case in that favor, but we need more. In that debate, Max was one punchline away from getting demolished.