1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman Believes That Rockets Is The Biggest Threat To Worriers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Mar 4, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

max kellerman loves us long time

2. smokieethabear

Maxwell Kellerman loves him some Rockets!

dcfma likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

First page

Go Rockets!

"But but Iguodala". Lol. Shut up.

#3 Tfor3, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    macan, DreamShook and matchesmalone like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just before the segment starts shooting:

MK: which side you want today?
    SAS: i mean i don't care, which side did you have last time?
    MK: i think Houston
    SAS: sure about that? thought you were on OKC
    MK: who fukin cares okay whatever i'll take Houston today anyways
    SAS: i hate OKC. ya owe me a bag of cheeze puffs now

IvanLCPM, ryano2009, Nelly and 27 others like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

I agree, but I think OKC is a threat to them as well....especially if they can get Roberson back at 75-80%

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I mean, if the Rockets are healthy and actually playing defense, they ARE the biggest threat to the Warriors. I know people keep touting the Thunder, but for all the crap Harden gets for his postseason history, Westbrick's is much worse.

7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The Iggy argument is straight up laughable. 4 healthy All NBA players (two of them top 5), and the excuse is that the 6th man was the x factor??? The Rockets lost Chris mutha effing Paul after going up 3-2 against a team with 4 all nba level players bc Iggy an over the hill bench player was injured?????

8. Nook

Nook Member

@Nook thinks that we should stop posting what a boxing analyst thinks about basketball when he spends his weekends on his boat and not watching basketball.

9. Nook

Nook Member

OKC will physically beat and bash them. I cannot see OKC beating them in 7, but they will make sure the Warriors don't want to play them again.

10. amaru

amaru Member

I could see it if OKC got a few lucky bounces.

Nook likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I guess the argument is that with Iggy, the Warriors never lose Game 4 in which case the series goes no further than Game 6. I could accept that premise. It's the morons who act as if Golden State would've swept the Rockets or won in 5 with a healthy Iggy who drive me nutz. The Rockets blew out the Warriors in Game 2 when Iggy played. And there's no reason to think the Rockets couldn't have won Game 5 at Toyota Center had Iggy played.

Anyway it's all a moot point. Iggy this season is a shell of his former self. Anyone who believes he's gonna be a difference maker in a series against the Rockets is hallucinating.

#12 count_dough-ku, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Duh.

Everyone believes.

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Agreed.
    Agreed. I don’t even think that it would have been a forgone conclusion that the Rockets would be in the finals had CP3 played. Like you said, it’s just absurd that there exists this notion that Iggy was the reason Rockets didn’t get swept. Dude gets way too much credit.

Can’t wait to see the Warriors this year in the playoffs. I truly believe the Warriors are finished this year. Their bench is garbage, boogie will be unplayable in the 4th quarter of playoff games. They are bickering with KD, and might even be a little bit tired.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Curry will struggle the more physical it gets. Playoffs are usually more physical off top, hence his game typically suffers in the postseason. Zero FMVPs in four chances.

BeBreezy, CCity Zero and sirbaihu like this.
  16. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

not true just last week he was saying the Nuggets were the biggest threat

BasketMAD, Elephant810 and D-rock like this.
  17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

GSW: "...but we didnt have Iggy!"

Why the hell does everyone forget that the Rockets were missing a key piece in the playoffs as well in Luc Mbah Moute?? Luc was huge for the team during the reg season, and it was obvious he was not near 100% in the playoffs. For some reason, i always hear "Rockets lost key pieces in Ariza and Luc" - well if Luc is such huge loss, why is his importance minimized so much from last year's playoffs, including in the GSW series?

If we have CP3 and a healthy Luc, Rockets end the Warriors in 6.

IvanLCPM, BasketMAD, Rustyrig and 8 others like this.
  18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

OKC doesn’t have enough shooters. The Warriors will basically keep the ball out of PG13 hands and force WB to beat them. That will not go well, to say the least.

Best case scenario for OKC, who has some size and athleticism, forces a game 6 but the Warriors’ firepower will ultimately prove too much to overcome.

To beat the Warriors, along with having versatile and active defenders, teams need shooters and need to launch threes at a dizzying pace. Otherwise, the Warriors will simply force the ball out of the best shooters hands and force lesser offensive options to beat them.

BasketMAD, DreamShook and hakeem94 like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

They could certainly use more shooting. What they have going for them is that they are super athletic on the wings. With a few lucky bounces and heroic performances from George and WB, it'd wouldn't shock me to see them beat GSW in 7 close games.

The difference between Houston and OKC is that I don't think Houston needs nearly as many lucky bounces to beat GSW as OKC would.

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Was about to post injured Luc. True he played, but was a liability with his fastbreak triggering missed layups.

Elephant810 and waytookrzy079 like this.