1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MATT MOORE] Strange Vibes, Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, if we beat them this year, he would join us. Thats his M.O.

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

He definitely comes across like he's not really part of the team. You have the Warriors with their original big 3 and Iggy, and then Durant is sort of like a high-powered insurance measure that comes into play just to put them over the top. There isn't a lot of real chemistry there but the talent level is so high that it allows them to keep winning and pretend everything is fine.

Richie_Rich, arabrocket and SORF like this.
  3. SORF

SORF Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So much for that theory.

5. houseofglass21

They didn’t need KD on the warriors. He doesn’t fit in and is almost extraneous and unnecessary. The warriors were just being greedy.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

I read this article earlier today, which quotes KD as saying that after his All-Star years with the Sonics and Stolen Sonics (er, Thunder), he still needed validation that other players appreciated his game. That's why when the Warriors gang-seduced him in the Hamptons, he jumped at the chance to play with them. These guys -- these really good NBA players -- liked his game! It's perfect!
    Michael Jordan didn't need anyone to tell him how great he was. For that matter, neither did Dwyane Wade, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitski, Tim Duncan, etc. Not to mention the great players who came before them.

I'm a UT guy and used to love Durant, but more and more he strikes me as a member of that subset of supremely talented beta players. Like TMac, only now with better teammates.

D-rock and desihooper like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's strange that someone who is so talented has such a low self image.

8. MD_in_Training

Does he even believe what he wrote on his shoes? Like... nothing in the yellow marker actually invalidates the "haters."

How does being "2017 championship" show that you weren't on a superteam or that "if you can't beat them, join them" isn't true.

9. MD_in_Training

Probably because the two are independent variables. KD is a beta who just happened to be born into the body of an all-time athlete.

DieHard Rocket likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's true but at least he got them hardware..... as opposed to coming up short - would be even more of an embarrassment.

#50 daywalker02, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares. He's probably just bored.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Durant is not a closer or leader
    He is Starscream not Megatron

Rocket River

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. macan

macan Member

KD's next chapter in Houston?

14. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

hisssss hisssss......Rocketsssss......yesssss

[​IMG]

15. macan

macan Member

dam that pic is kinda terrifying

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I had this idea while walking my dog to restore parity to the league: Kevin Durant doesn't belong to any team. The way it'll work is that every year, the best team to not win the NBA championship gets to have Kevin Durant the following year, no salary cap hit. Durant gets to play hero and have a great shot at winning titles every year, and the Warriors lose the roster advantage they had because of Durant's weakness. I'm sure there are holes in this concept, because I only thought it about for a minute before I had to scoop up my dog's crap, but I figure it's a starting point.

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was going to post the same quote from that Kawakami article! KD wanted to know he was going somewhere that "fit," and if the "fit" has changed, he might be open to moving onto another city/team. He's really in a no-win situation, if they win, they probably would have won without him (#UltimateLuxury), and if they somehow lose, he might have been forcing too many ISOs and got the W's out of the "beautiful game" they were known for in their pre-KD run.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair, he is a terrifying gigantic snake like player.

macan likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The warriors without durant would not have won a conference title this year. Fact.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree completely. And while the Warriors fanbase undoubtedly appreciates him coming there to join their already-champions, that adulation is nowhere near what he would have gotten by joining the Knicks or even the TWolves and getting them a title.