1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Maloney to TORONTO!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VinceCarter, Dec 27, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

Up here in T.O on the radio they are talkin about the raptors getting Matt Maloney. Toronto has two injured guards, Dee Brown and Dell Curry, who both can hit the three.
    Though i think the Rocks could use Matt more than the Raps. All you Rocks FANS get ready to see the best up and coming Star in the NBA, "Vince Carter". This guy will suprise y'all....that is y'all who watch the game!!!

"VINCE CARTER IS THE NEXT MICHEAL JORDON!!!!"

------------------
    $$ out $$

2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If Vince Crater (oh, excuse me, Carter) turns out to be the next Micheal Jordon, that certainly will surprise us.

3. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

Will.........he may not have the grace Micheal Jordan played with.....but this guy is more of a power game.....this guy can DOMINATE games like Mike.

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

He did say Micheal, not Michael (as you noticed). Vince Carter very well could be the next Micheal Jordon.

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

How many "Next Michael Jordans" does that make now? Five, six... Get a life. You can not declare that someone will be the best anyone has ever seen in half a season. Please.

------------------
    The truth is out there... on the NET.

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

If the Raptors sign Maloney, what percentage (if any) do they pick up from his contract with the Rockets? Do the Rockets get any relief with his signing with Toronto?

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Damn. We should've tried to trade Maloney there for Master P in the first place...

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tb-cain,

Since Maloney has cleared waivers long ago, we are committed to pay the remainder of his contract. Should a team pick him up, they need only pay the pro-rated minimum salary, and we pay the rest?

For Maloney, that amounts to about $500K salary relief...negligible.

This should help illustrate the complete lack of interest there is out there for MacLean. Teams can get him for the minimum...but won't even do that.

9. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

"Mulder", first of all there is never going to be another Jordan. What i meant is this guy is really exciting to watch, like Jordan....and secondly this guy was in the league last year if you did not know(Rookie of the Year).....he was just not as hyped up as he has been this year......the league is looking for another star to represent the NBA by.....last year Vince was all over the HIGHLIGHT reels here in toronto.....but the NBA did not hype him up as much, therefore you have not noticed him till this year......WATCH THE GAME ON TUESDAY THEN TELL ME HE IS NOT A SPECIAL PLAYER, CAUSE I KNOW WHAT HE DID LAST YEAR TO YOU GUYS!!!!!

------------------
    $$ out $$

10. heypartner

Not only did Carter destroy Pippen with drives and turnaround Js, but towards the middle of the third quarter we decided to change our defense on him. Carter was in the corner, back to Pippen, then turns around to face him once again...and low and behold....

Barkley is standing there next the Pippen ready to double-team the rookie. You know you've arrived when one of the best defenders around gets help from another hall-of-famer to stop you.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I bet Barkley's regretting now that he went over there to bail out Pippen's sorry butt.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Vince Carter the next MJ....maybe in another 5 years IF he can take over a game. That is what set MJ apart from any other player in the league...well that and the refs babying him.

As for Maloney going to Toronto, that might not be a bad thing for them. Rumor has it that they are looking for a PG and they are shopping McGrady around to get one. Anyone interested in trading Drew and Williams for McGrady and a pick?

------------------
    There is no offense without a good defense.

13. Mulder

Vince...
    You will notice that I did not say that he sucked. Well, do you see that in my post? I said that you can NOT say that he will be as prolific as MJ aftr a little over half a season. I am REALLY tired of people say that this guy and that guy are the next MJ. I'm almost as tired as hearing that every kid on the driving range under 12 will be the next Tiger Woods. Jeez, give me a break. Secondly, I know he was in the league last year. I also know that last year was short because of a lock out. (I may be from the South, but I'm not an idiot.) Third, if he is all over your highlight reel then good for you. I'm sure you are excited to (finally) have an explosive player in Canada. And last but certainly not least, in case you did not notice, the name of this BBS is "Rockets 2000: Game Action and Roster Moves", so unless you have something constructve to say about the HOUSTON ROCKETS, take a hike, ay!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited December 28, 1999).]

14. Mulder

How can the league "overhype" the "greatest player ever"? I don't understand that statement. You are right that there will eventually be a player beter than MJ, BUT as I said earlier saying that this guy and that guy are the next MJ is wrong. For all the Rockets fans reading this post, imagine if somebody said that a guy was the next Hakeem after less than a full season.
    As far as this being a topic about a Houston Rocket, Maloney is no longer a Houston Rocket so this topic belongs in NBA Dish. We both know why you put it in this string, so you could talk about Vince. Do I go to Canadian websites and talk smack about the Rockets? Even when the Rox were the best in the league I didn't.
    So later bub, I'm going out to shoot hoops, (guess you can't do that until around mid April without shoveling some snow). [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited December 28, 1999).]

15. heypartner

alright Mulder!!

I like that jab about shooting baskets. give me some spice.

16. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

RocketsPimp......Williams and Drew would not cut it.......McGrady has raw skills that may make him an allstar......If you were to throw Mobley and Drew for McGrady then probably it would happen......though i think Mobley is an untouchable on Rudy-T's list.....

Mulder....i have my right to my own opinion ...and as you can see this topic is about a HOUSTON ROCKET!!!.......i hope you know that Jordan was over hyped by the league and made bigger than he really was....not that he was not the greatest player ever....but Mulder THERE will be another player who would come along and be better than him........history tells it all....the league is looking for that guy.....and in my OPINION Mulder it will be Vince!.....and if this kid continues to improve...the league will itself make him the next Jordan.....that's how they sell their product!!!!!

------------------
    $$ out $$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.