1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HtownRocks3, Feb 12, 2003.

1. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Is Matt Bullard still contracted with New Orleans or did they release him? We could really use him right about now.

2. 3 kids

3 kids Member

He has a bad back, cant even walk straight.....

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Damn, I didnt know that

4. James23

James23 Member

matt bullard is like jack haley, better as a broadcaster than as a player.

5. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

lol, does he still do the Comets broadcasting?

6. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

Air Bull is a good color guy for broadcasts, but to compare him to Jack Haley is doing a big disservice to Bull. He was one of the leaders in 3 point shooting for many years and helped the Rockets to a lot of important wins in the 90's.

Jack Haley? Please!! Give Bull his props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

From Monday's Chron:

Budding broadcasters take work where they can get it, and former Rockets forward Matt Bullard is no exception.

For every relatively cushy assignment like his weekly Rockets reports on KPRC (Channel 2) each Sunday night, there's a graveyard shift appearance like his weekly stints on ESPN Radio's overnight show.

"I think I've talked to one guy who knows I'm doing the radio show," Bullard said. And no wonder; he appears on Todd Wright's overnight show (heard locally on KILT-AM) from midnight Wednesday to 4 a.m. Thursday.

Bullard also will work Comets games on radio for a fifth season and wouldn't mind a TV shot on ESPN should one become available.

"In my position, you keep trying to do as much as you can. You do as much as you can do, and eventually you turn out to be Tom Tolbert (the former player who works games for ESPN and, beginning later this season, ABC)," he said.

He's not, however, emulating Tolbert by offering to shave his head for the occasion.

I've seen him on Ch 2 Sunday nights. He's pretty good. And he answers emails! bullard50@click2houston.com

(I think that's the addy)

8. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

lol cool... thanks Free Agent!