1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Matt Bullard] McGrady may not be moved

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 6, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Take it for what it's worth. Each to their own. It was on the broadcast just now. Said he talked to a lot of people tonight and said they don't think he'll get moved. Again, tifwiw

1 person likes this.
  2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

3. amaru

amaru Member

I've been saying this all along

Oh..and in before the McGrady hate.

4. YaosDirtyStache

I think I hate Tmac so much that I want him to NOT be moved so he cant prove to any team he is worth more than Vet Min next year.

Last thing we need is him doing well so we look like idiots, keep him shelved and ruin his league value like what happened to Spreewell.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

What benefit do we get from keeping him on the roster?

6. monk92

monk92 Member

22 million coming off the books with several big name players on the market?

7. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Morey came out saying nobody was untouchable and now all we hear is he doesn't want to give up a Budinger, Scola or Battier. Just get it done !!

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think morey isnt budging at all and is tightly keeping his position in talks...more than likely that's why they dont think he'll be traded, teams are probably pulling their deals off the table or ending talks, going elsewhere. Not sure what to think about that, maybe Morey thinks it's more important to get scola and lowry back...i can't disagree with that, but hopefully we dont end up getting screwed in the offseason. He's probably thinking sign and trade...

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It's hard to take back a bad contract and be strapped for years when the cap is changing along with other unknowns. If Dorsey continues to develop, he could really help us down low.....however, we still need a REAL shooting guard.

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

If your not going to move him then play him.

YaosDirtyStache your such a hater.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it's one thing to say you'll consider anyone and another to just start throwing them into trades...he still has to be smart about it. It has to be the right deal, a smart, and at least fair deal.

12. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

That only works out if we were to attain another player coming off the books for someone who is on our payroll next season.

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

this what he actually said.....

"I talked to a bunch of people tonight before the game and they don't think Tracy McGrady Is gonna get traded before the trade deadline"- Bullard

--RB

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont think there's any real benefit other than we dont take back crap, assuming all offers presented included crap..

16. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

So you're admitting we look like idiots because he still has basketball skill.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Obviously somebody hasn't read BimaThugs thread.

McGrady's expiring contract will only give the rockets around 7-8 million in cap space.

1 person likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're right. A buyout still possible after. You won't be getting an asset back though(besides retaining your own)

19. YaosDirtyStache

He has skill but no heart. I intended that to mean that I wish him nothing but Vet Min contracts from now on, and become so undervalued that ADIDAS drops him like a hot rock.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Resign Scola/Lowry

S&T for Salmons

Bring in Llull

That would be a for sure thing to happen by keeping McGrady