1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mass shooting at Tennessee church

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Sep 25, 2017.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Tragic incident with 1 dead and 6 injured. Sudanese migrant is the suspect.

Not getting a lot of play in the liberal D&D today, and not as much as anticipated in the media. Doesn't fit their narrative.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41389640
    A 25-year-old man suspected of killing a woman and wounding six others at a Tennessee church reportedly posted odd Facebook messages before the rampage.

Ahead of Sunday's attack, Emanuel Kidega Samson wrote: "Everything you've ever doubted or made to be believe as false, is real. & vice versa, B."

Police say he wore a ski mask as he walked into Nashville's Burnette Chapel Church of Christ and opened fire.

The Sudanese immigrant shot himself as he was tackled by a church usher.

Congregants told police the suspect had once attended services at the church, but a motive for the attack is unclear.

The Tennessean newspaper reports that on Sunday before the attack, Mr Samson also posted on Facebook two photos of himself flexing his muscles with the caption, "unrestricted paroxysm".

Paroxysm means a sudden attack or fit of violent action or emotion.

About 50 people were in the church during the shooting, Metropolitan Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron told reporters.

Mr Samson was charged with the murder of 39-year-old Melanie Smith, of Smyrna, who was found dead in the car park near the suspect's car.

At least six people were also wounded, all of whom were aged over 60.

The heroic usher, Robert Caleb Engle, 22, was treated for head injuries.

Police said Mr Samson shot himself in the chest "probably not intentionally" during a struggle with Mr Engle.

Mr Engle retrieved his gun from his car to stop Mr Samson fleeing.

Police said they planned to bring further charges against the suspect.

Two pistols were recovered in the church and two more guns were found in Mr Samson's car nearby.

Mr Samson is a legal US resident but not a citizen, Mr Aaron said. He moved to the US in the 1990s.
    "It would appear he was not expecting a brave individual like the church usher to initiate the struggle and confrontation," Mr Aaron said.

Police said Mr Engle acted in an "extraordinarily brave" way.

In a statement Mr Engle said: "I do not want to be labelled a hero.

"The real heroes are the police, first responders and medical staff and doctors who have helped me and everyone affected."

The church's pastor, Joey Spann, and his wife Peggy were among those injured in the shooting, the Nashville Christian School said. Mr Spann teaches at the school.

One eyewitness, speaking to the Tennessean newspaper, said the pastor had shouted "run" as the suspect entered, but some were shot from behind.

"Our church is senior people. They didn't make it out," Minerva Rosa told the paper.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Don't use someone's death to make a "point" about the "liberal" media or D&D. That's really sh*tty.

mtbrays, el gnomo, DudeWah and 7 others like this.
  3. bigtexxx

I guess you're new here? Now you're playing the moral card on me? I guess that's easier than facing your own hypocrisy.

and LOL at the liberal pile-on crew liking your post. Easier than facing the truth, that's for sure! Just duck the conversation!

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In this scenerio, at best you are a hypocrite who believes in the mantra "two evils DO make a right".
    At worst, you are still the same Bigtexxx that we all know.

#4 fchowd0311, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    el gnomo likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Feeding the troll @bigtexxx
    Christian vs. Christian violence. Is anyone surprised?

I never trusted those Christians. They all have that shifty look in their eye. Must have something to do with that book they all read.

Congress will need to investigate. May have to ban travel to Christian nations.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I prayed for the victims while at church this weekend.

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I thought it was possible that you could discuss the events in Tennessee without having to use it to make an unrelated point. That's my mistake.

Oh, and check our join dates, u bum.

London'sBurning, el gnomo and DudeWah like this.
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The suspect used to be a member of the church. What is there to discuss? I guess we should take guns away from the mentally unstable.

DudeWah likes this.
  10. Exiled

Exiled Member

This thread was supposed to be created by Cohete! I guess....

When it comes to the Media,this is an Israeli media headline:

".. Jewish extremists have attacked and burned at least 53 Christian churches and Muslim mosques in Israel(occupied Palsteine), since 2009—but there is no international media outcry unlike what would be the case had 53 synagogues been similarly burned by non-Jews anywhere in the world......."

In fact, the controlled media in Europe and America even refuses to report on the mass attacks by Jews upon non-Jewish religious buildings in Israel, and the attacks have only come to light after the Haaretz newspaper in Israel mentioned them.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Guns are too easy to get.

DD

TheRealist137 and amaru like this.
  12. bigtexxx

Same as trucks in Nice, France, right? Time for some common sense truck control?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well france is a lot safer than America so their laws work better than ours.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are trucks designed to kill people?

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Likely not getting “a lot of play” because it didn’t involve a Muslim. But it did involve a black person. And I guess Sudan does have a large Muslim population.

So I guess I’m also wondering why it hasn’t gotten more play.

I’m also wondering what the point is that Bigtexxxxxx is trying to make?

I think we can all agree churches getting shot is a bad thing.

What is the reaction you were looking for here?

el gnomo likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Being a grown up and good human being can be hard, you could have just expressed your condolences and shared the story without some sort of motive.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Please tell me this was in homage to what LeBron said to bigtex' hero the other day. :D

DudeWah and eric.81 like this.
  18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What makes this story controversial or a D&D thread?

19. conquistador#11

is he a radical muslim terrorist, radical christian terrorist or a radical bodybuilder? all sides can be dangerous.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Time for you to face your hypocrisy 45 has been the worst he has divided the country in the worst way.