1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Effect 2 : Arrival

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cwebbster, Mar 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

The final Chapter in the Mass Effect 2 saga will drop on 03/29/2011. This is said to bridge the gap between 2 & 3. Anyone else pretty excited about this? The DLC for this game has been phenomenal.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/103/103236.html

2. teknokid

teknokid Member

I bought Mass Effect 2 cause it had 9.5 rating. I played first couple chapters and hasnt played since.
    I was looking for more action, but it seemed like the game focused more on the story line. I was so sad... i had spent $49.95 on this :"(

3. cwebbster

It is an Action RPG. The story is so engrossing. I typically dont get into games like this, but the story is what makes this game.

4. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I still need to beat the other DLC. Bought it all when it was on sale. I beat Kasumi and I'm halfway through Overlord but I got sidetracked with other stuff. Will try to beat that before this comes out. Can't wait for ME3. ME2 was my favorite game of last year

5. dback816

dback816 Member

Aside from Shadowbroker, I think the other DLCs have been pretty mediocre. Some are down right terrible (Bringing down the Sky)

I just hope this one will be story and character driven instead of DRIVE TO POINT A, SHOOT EVERYONE, MOVE ON.

Admiral Hackett also looks like a Zaeed reskin :eek:

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

To be fair, BDtS was for 1, not 2.

I'm looking forward to Arrival. I need a ME fix to tide me over to 3. Hopefully it will be a plot point in 3 (not an important one obviously since it's optional, but I still like the idea of getting something more out of my money) since it's supposed to "bridge the gap" between the two titles.

7. cwebbster

Did anyone get this yet???

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm finishing Dragon Age first. Mass Effect 3 comes out later, so I may wait until close to that time in order to play this.

As for the story, it makes the game. The characters depth, and story give context to the action that keep it from just getting repetitive and boring. It's what I like about games most of all. If it was just an action game, I wouldn't pay much if anything for it.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really hate the gaming scene now; they gotta throw in some DLC just so we can throw money at it. This **** is expensive as it is. I miss the days when you would by a game for a couple dollars and you were sure you bought the whole game. Now you drop 60 and then you have to drop an extra 15 here and there for the extra content...

/rant

I bought Mass Effect 2 on Black Friday for 11 bucks, I'm still trying to work through the game; still trying to get these b****es to love me. Wont get ME3 or this DLC until they go on sale so I guess I got plenty of time.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Seriously though, It's like this bastards don't think you have any other hobbies! I got a sneaker obsession too Godd**it.

/extra rant

11. ashiin

ashiin Member

Except the original ME2 is big enough without the DLCs as it is. It's like little expansion packs and they're definitely WORTH it, especially Shadow Broker. I can't wait for Arrival.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't know about you guys. But I almost would rather play an interactive story like Heavy Rain for the PS3.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Bought me2 for 7 bucks on steam a couple of days ago. I'm hooked. One of the most addicting games I have ever played. Story line, depth, and characters are what make it.

I'm not sure how I missed this game till the steam sale.

14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I love the Mass effect series, currently playing fallout 3 which is eaqually as good. Also purchased Fallout New Vegas for $20 new at gamestop yesterday.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Boost the difficulty to one below insane. Feels more like Gears of War with the pick and pop when you do it.

Otherwise you'll be able to run around in the open while gunning enemies down even with the weakest class.

16. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I have just started Mass Effect. I got both 1 & 2 for $14 on EA Week a couple of days ago on Steam.

17. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Mass Effect took a nosedive in 2 story-wise imo. And the new info released like
    Cerberus working with the Reapers
    isn't assuring. Oh well, will probably get 3, but it won't be the end-of-all scifi like I thought it was. Mass Effect did give me a chance to look at better media like Babylon 5.

Only if they give it to competent writers. Heavy Rain had a terrible story.