1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Saw glimpse of it. Not really a fan of the flirting fight/sparring getting to know one another scenes.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've watched some of it and I don't dislike it as much as some have. I think some people who have reviewed it harshly are doing so due to really high expectations created by the previous Netflix Marvel shows.

I plan on finishing it, but as of now, I think it's solid if unspectacular.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Thought it was better than Luke Cage, but not as good as DD or JJ. I think he'll be better with others than the lead. Wish they would have given him better control as it just seems like they had to play him down to villains too much.

I hated last episode.
    It made the Hand appear a lot weaker than someone they slapped around for 12 episodes.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think i've seen 4 episodes now

Its not as bad as I thought it would be given the reviews

It's definitely better than Luke Cage

Not as good as Jessica Jones or Daredevil

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm currently on episode 2

How many times are we going to see flash backs of the plane!? at least 10 times in the first 2 episodes!

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I agree with most here that t's a clear step down from JJ and DD, but not bad IMO.

That 16% on RT would lead you to think it's one f the worst shows ever and it's certainly not that. I didn't have to force myself to keep watching.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I finished it.
    IT was definitely not as good as the first 6 episodes of Luke Cage . .. on par with the last 6 episodes of Luke Cage
    Not as good as JJ or Daredevil

I don't like the lead actor . .. not because he not Asian but because he cannot act.
    Well not good enough .. . like someone mentioned about Luke Cage . . the main actor could did not have screen presense of charisma

WORSE OF ALL . . . it does not seem like he gave a **** about the Martial Arts. . .
    his fighting looks more like AGGRESSIVE YOGA than any martial art.
    Everyone fights better than him and lose only because he is the main character. . .
    he DOES NOT SELL DANNY RAND
    Danny Rand is a martial arts badass . . ..
    this dude was like one of the clown things you punch and it keeps bouncing back up

The story line was all over the place. . . I had more sympathy for some of the opposition than I did for him .

Was he fighting THE HAND or THE FOOT CLAN???
    Why is the story line of the HAND . . . they exact same one from the 1st Turtle's movie??

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As someone else said. . . . THE ARROW has better fight scenes. . . . .
    mainly because Amell SELLS that he is a bad ass more than the Iron Fist Guy

Their origin stories are kind of similar too

Rocket River

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

should i watch this brother?? that's a lot of commitment

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Up to Episode 11, I agree with the comments above that this show is below DD & JJ, but definitely ALOT better than Luke Cage. Its odd, the main character or actor along with his love interest in the show are weak, but the supporting cast made of the Meachums kind of brings it up a notch and above. This show is entertaining because of Harold Meachum, not Danny Rand. Ward going into a Patrick Bateman spiral is hilarious af too.

#90 Entropy, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Episode 3 impressions:

For a guy who studied 15 years with warrior monks, Danny sure gets sucker punched a lot.

Colleen Wing has a little phatty.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How bored are you?
    It is not BAD . .. but not particularly good either.
    It is entertaining in a sense but . . . . you could wait on it
    Not must See TV

Rocket River

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw the other defenders shows so might as finish it right ?

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Thats the main reason i watched it and finished LC. Its not as if its a chore to watch. Its perfectly adequate just not great.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically yes

Madame Gao is in it. . and she is kool

Rocket River

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Definitely better than boring Luke Cage IMO.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Iron Fist uses an ancient martial art called . .. Aggressive Yoga

Rocket River
    #AggressiveYoga

DreamShook likes this.
  18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Considering the Foot is an ersatz version of the Hand from the comics....similarities will happen as the Hand in the MCU and the Foot are based on the same source material.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

For what it is and what it is trying to do, I'm enjoying it and am on the last half of the season. I think it has some interesting characters and I like the lead guy in the role. It is good but it is not great. It feels a bit like there is a deep comic book story behind this character but this show is glossing over it in a way. Or, it is just taking too long to build up to what it wants to be. There is a lot of "downtime" to build story with talk but it feels a bit trivial (always about the company).

I'm not an obscure superhero fan. I have no idea about these superheroes. I come from the Superman/Batman/Wonder WomanAquaman/Green Lantern/etc. era and I don't recall seeing these lesser tier characters at the Hall of Justice (the cartoon version...."meanwhile, back at the Hall Of Justice...") back in the day. lol

I went into the first episode not expecting to finish it but just because it had 5 star ratings on Netflix. But, there was enough there to entertain me and I kept watching.

If I'm being perfectly honest, JJ kind of fizzled out on me as far as interest toward the end. Somewhere along the way, I lost interest in what I was watching. I'll have to go back and re-watch some of it to see if that has changed. I haven't watched LC or DD.

I could see how those that are more into these Marvel characters more than I am may not like it as much. My expectations were low coming in. It's definitely watchable imo but it's not groundbreaking entertainment or anything.

#99 Surfguy, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  20. Cranberry_Juice

it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Also, people have to realize he hasn't reached his full potential, so yes he does get his ass kicked a couple of times.