1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Iron Fist Casting News Is Coming Soon

[​IMG]

For a very long time, it appeared as if Iron Fist might not happen. Troubling rumours pointed to the show being scrapped by Marvel due to them being unable to find the right creative direction to take the mystically powered hero in, but those reports were thankfully shown to be incorrect when Netflix announced late last year that they had hired a showrunner in the form of Dexter’s Scott Buck.

It’s still clearly very, very early days on Iron Fist though as little to no information was revealed during the weekend about the series, though there was at least one relatively exciting update when Netflix CCO Ted Sarandos confirmed that they’re in the process of casting the role. That obviously means we should hear something within the next few months, a step in the right direction for the show.

However, one person who is excited about meeting Iron Fist is Luke Cage star Mike Colter. Asked about a possible team-up for the Heroes for Hire in the near future, the Jessica Jones star teased: “I am, for the main reason that I get a nice little break because I’m like, ‘Jessica, Luke — there is an Iron Fist, right?'” I’m really excited about it. Whether I’ll be in it, I don’t know, but it will be nice to see.”

2. VanityHalfBlack

Another show I'm keepin in eye out for. I love martial arts stuff in comic book form or tv series so this is a definite interest for me.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

5. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Loras? That is gay

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Considering he has a half-mask on, I think he'll be alright. Growing out facial hair will also make him look more "manly."

I'm just worried about his build.

7. tallanvor

I'm not all that familiar with the comics, but wont there be tons of scenes of him acting as a normal person without the mask? Also wont all the origins scenes be him training without the mask? Maybe my perception of him is being biased by his character on GoT. Any other work he done that anyone knows of?

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He has already cut his hair, and grew some facial hair. That hair really screamed little b****, but he looks fine without it.

[​IMG]

Still has time to hit the weights.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Filming starts in April so he has very little time actually.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He'll be fine.

11. Xerobull

Iron Fist is more about the chi aspect of martial arts- hitting the pressure points and whatnot. He's always been kind of svelte.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't watch Game of Thrones. Is this guy very athletic?

13. Xerobull

Not at all.

[​IMG]

14. tallanvor

hard to say. he doesn't have too many athletically demanding scenes in the show.

15. grt004

grt004 Member

He plays a gay knight, but we don't see him doing many fighting scenes.

1 person likes this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I have to imagine the showrunners/Netflix/Marvel know what they're doing casting him. Charlie Cox (Daredevil) isn't exactly a mountain either.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Thing is, the showrunners on GoT made him look like a punk. When he was on screen it was always for something gay. The Loras from the books was a beast. He was one of the best swordsmen in the land.

I'm hoping he does hit the weights. I have faith in the casting since they have hit it out of the park so far with the previous Marvel shows. Will really get to see if he can act on Iron Fist because he really wasn't given a chance to on GoT

18. hvic

hvic Member

Did someone blind cut his hair?

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member