1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Alternating between saving Vision’s useless ass, literally like 3 characters on the battlefield, killing one of Thanos’ crew and then murdering her boyfriend for the sake of the universe, Scarlett Witch should be in the God tier.

It’s obvious Thor is nothing without his weapon, getting rekt by Thanos with only one stone. Not to mention missing the head or at least the arm.

@The_Yoyo Hulk was a POS, got owned in the beggining in hand to hand combat. He should win that fight every day of the week against Thanos. Now Banner did as much as he could based on his limitations.

Tony, Strange, Spidey and Cap did a lot. They held their own, Spidey’s costume was the highlight of the movie.

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I think the infographic is pretty accurate, except for the omission of Falcon and Black Widow, which would both fall into the "at least they did something" category. Scarlett Witch's usefulness was hamstrung by Vision.

Obito likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seems to show that the ThunderCats were pretty shitty people

Rocket River

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I picked up one of the OLED LG TVs last year its beautiful. I got one of the LG 4k players that will output in DV As well.

tinman likes this.
  5. The_Yoyo

Disney has had this issue with DV on disc for some reason. Was the same for Guardians 2 where the 4k disc had HDR but the digital copy once redeemed on vudu was DV. I am not sure why they are having issues authoring the metadata for DV on the disc. This movie was done with DV (I saw it in a Dolby Cinema) or maybe its their authoring plant? The weird thing is that Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron will have DV on the disc when they also come out next week on 4k. Prior to those though the only Disney 4k disc that had DV that I am aware of was Last Jedi.

Apparently Black Panther had DV on the disc as well (I didn't buy this film). Kind of unfortunate that the largest release of the year for Disney isn't getting the DV treatment on disc. I can watch the DV through the vudu app on my TV but streaming 4k content via internet isnt ideal for me. I feel it somewhat defeats the purpose no service is going to try to stream a 50+GB size disc. I dont know how large the vudu file actually is but from what I have seen the HD iTunes file was around 5GB for this movie guessing the 4k of it would probably be pushing around 15-20 gb depending on the compression codec used.

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is one of your most incoherent posts, and that is no small feat.

7. jsingles

jsingles Member

Vision sure was an emo little b**** throughout the whole damned movie. Frustrating even more so because he took Ultron out without breaking a sweat, yet gets completely owned by Thanos henchmen. Paul Bettany deserved better.

tinman likes this.
  8. The_Yoyo

Whats worse IMO is that the mind stone gave Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch their powers and SW was able to hold back Thanos for a little bit when he had 5 of the 6 stones and while trying to destroy the mindstone. But Vision just was completely useless even if he was injured and couldnt phase, he is a droid and shouldn't have been able to feel pain the way that he did and still should have been able to kick Corvais and Proxima's ass with one of the infinity stones.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO!

To be called incoherent by the King is quite a accomplishment.

[​IMG]

Rocket River

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah, too bad he's stuck in the quantum micro-quantum realm.
    That's quantum.

Quantum.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Scarlett Witch is definitely god tier.

Obito likes this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Do you guys just put quantum in front of every word?

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Vision's shrinking violet act was probably the low point of the movie for me. I never bought the whole romance, and Elizabeth Olsen looks like a ghoul with all of her plastic surgery. Bleh.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There are boundaries that they will adhere to to an extent. Trying to explain what encompasses some of these characters powers though is a waste of time. They are just trying to make the movie look good/dramatic more than anything. Scarlett Witch can not do anything to Thanos, while only lacking one stone. In the comics Thanos is fighting actual space gods and beating them.

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Quantum affirmative.

16. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

This is all I could think about the entire movie re: Vision

Invisible Fan and Eric Riley like this.
  17. Obito

Definitely, in the comics Thanos wipes out most of the cosmic entities like Infinity, Lord Chaos, Eternity etc, who are light years more powerful than anyone in the movies in their current versions (Thor, Hulk, Odin a few others all have versions of them where they're much stronger). The movies can never power scale any of that arc accurately because they chose a different story which is logical due to it just not being possible, the build up, the CGI everything is just not possible.

That being said, one of Marvels few problems with the movies, is their power scaling from movie to movie, which isn't terrible but can be fixed.

Example; Black Panthers drop off from Civil War to Black Panther (film). The guy was handling Bucky and Cap quite well, yet in Black Panther he struggled against a weak M'Baku and Killmonger. Or Strange, who in his film managed to stalemate Dormammu (sp?) who's widely considered one of Marvels most powerful characters, yet he quickly gets knockedout by Maw? (no offense to Maw, he's powerful). Lastly in GOTG 1, Quill defeats Ronan the Acuser who has the power stone and then actually holds the stone in his hand.. This is due to his demigod-hood, yet Hulk, Loki, Heimdall and Thor fall to Thanos and his henchmen easily while Thanos only has, said power stone?

I never expected Marvel to be flawless with their power scaling, these examples can be debated due to environmental and emotional circumstances, help from other characters that influence the outcome, and plot armor, so it's not that big of deal. However, Vision's drop off has absolutely no excuse. What's the excuse, he's in love? Lol. They coud've just said Thanos' Gauntlet has a away of sensing the stones when in use, in that case, he would've had incentive to not use it. Yet he just neglects to use it while literally everyone is trying to save his ass.

I thought the movie was incredible, and Vision will most certainly be revived early in the next movie, so we'll see how they handle him without the mind stone.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Since Ego was killed and the planet destroyed is Quill still a demigod or part celestial or whatever? Ego had said as long as the lights burns he Quill would be immortal but he didn’t use the light at all in IF like did in GOTG2.

19. Obito

Half Celestial not demigod, my mistake lol. Marvel never addressed this but i'm assuming the way he was fighting Ego is gone, his ability to create, flight, all that stuff he did in GOTG2 was probably due to his connection to Ego. Now that he's gone he should be a normal human, but just because Ego's dead doesn't mean his blood doesn't run though Quill. So i'm assuming he has some untapped potential, he should still be able to hold an infinity stone without dying or things along the lines of that.

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Better than the actual Infinity War...