1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not much Hulk in the trailers. I probably wouldn't be able to find the quote, it's been awhile... but Whedon mentioned that he had some brilliant idea for Hulk in Age of Ultron. Something we haven't seen before. Something we might not expect. But the idea was so good he talked the studio into holding off on it. I wonder if we finally see it in this one. Whatever it is.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I feel like Wong and Mantis are safe, but I could be wrong. Vision is doomed, however -- in my opinion. He could survive this movie, or who knows maybe losing the infinity stone will just make him a regular android.

I also feel like War Machine is safe because he's been a bit of a punching bag. After being crippled in Civil War I can't see them killing him off entirely. The Russos are keenly aware that each character is someone's favorite, that is why their 2 films have been near perfect.

There are definitely going to be deaths of main characters though. This is going to be a hell of a ride.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I feel like it will be Cap or Ironman that dies.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Epic as Epic can get

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

goosebumps. Now i will put myself in isolation until i see the movie. I'm not familiar with the infinity story lines so i don't want anything spoiled.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Spidey is not going to die, they are making a bunch of movies and he still hasn't hooked up with Zendaya yet

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Thanos won. You are living in a simulation now.

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm not a comic book guy, but I catch quite a few of these flicks (because they spend a fortune on them and make sure they are at least better than marginally entertaining), but
    Yah........they have LOTS of money left to print with Spiderman and the Black Panther. Black Panther was great, and I have to admit, this latest Spiderman is so much more likable than the previous two.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

yes and Marvel just got Spidey back and if you saw the Spiderman homecoming, there's going to be another one for sure.
    they have young people in this one and are aiming toward that demographic.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Oh yeah, Vision's a goner. It's basically the job of any comic-book "robot" character to get completely destroyed (and eventually rebuilt) to show off how powerful and evil a bad guy is.

Winter Soldier is well past his sell-by date. Redemption arc complete. See ya.
    Cap probably survives, but he could always pull a Jesus at any time.
    Downey is likely done with these movies, and therefor Iron Man is a casket candidate, too.

Untouchables:
    Black Panther (duh... they've just started printing money with him)
    Spider-man (Spidey never dies)
    Groot (been there already)
    Scarlet Witch (somebody has to cry at Vision's funeral)

seclusion likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It looks like Lord of the rings.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Does Dr. Strange have a infinity stone?

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Eye of agamoto is supposedly an infinity stone

peleincubus likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ironman's contract is pricey and old. They can put any stiff in a suit.

Don't know if they're ready to put Wilson in a Capt America outfit. That'd be more interesting than Bucky.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Got ya, thanks. I read a lot of the infinity stuff. I don't remember much about Dr. Strange though. He never intrigued me much. I was always a Silver Surfer guy.

Jontro likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Always liked Dr., different than other types of heroes, plus stupidly powered in comics. Not actually sure if in the comics the eye is an actual stone or not, I think it is in the movies, the time stone

peleincubus likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You think Wilson would be a better cap than Bucky? I don’t think so at all. They do have choices though, they’ve both been cap in comics

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They've been doing Bucky's PTSD Manchurian Candidate schtick in the last two movies. I don't think they let Wilson have much a personality, but I'm okay with Bucky being typecasted.

Gotta admit that Bucky would probably be a great fit if the Russo bros direct again

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I like your logic on most of these, I disagree with Winter Soldier however. He becomes Cap in the comics, he has a 9 picture deal, and this is only his third movie. Sebastian Stan has also been a really pleasant surprise to me in these movies and killing him off would definitely be a waste. We need to at least see him in a vibranium suit before he dies (I'm guessing that arm is made out of it).

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not supposedly -- it is. Wong tells Strange this at the end of Doctor Strange. It is the time stone -- it's also how the crazy time junk in the movie happens. This is also why when Iron Man says "We have what Thanos wants" in the trailer they show the Eye and Vision's forehead / the Mind Stone.