1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Iron Man 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Credit to Ziggy on this one.

I'm surprised this is getting made so soon.

Link

Last week, Robert Downey Jr. seemed to indicate that he might continue on as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future, despite the facts that his current contract only includes Avengers: Age of Ultron and the upcoming Avengers 3 and that he was quoted as saying one month ago today, “No, there’s no plan for a fourth ‘Iron Man.’”

All that aside, Downey made an appearance on today’s episode of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” where he was once again asked about the possibility, and this time seemed to reveal it’s in the cards.

“I know there’s going to be a bunch more Marvel movies,” he said. “And they have big ideas of how to do it best and we’re in the middle of negotiation…” Ellen quickly prompted, “So, yes?” leading Downey to reply “Okay, yes!”

Downey also took part in a Reddit AMA today where he offered this very cryptic teaser: “Sooner than later the Marvel Roster will be made public and all questions will be answered.”

What does all of this mean? Is Iron Man 4 really going to be a part of the upcoming slate of unannounced Marvel movies? Check back here for confirmation and sound off with your theories below!

Downey can next be seen as Iron Man in Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s-xMtOBSBAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. 713

713 Member

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They have to considering RDJ ain't a spring chicken. Last we all want to see is a 60 year old actor trying to play the part of a beloved hero fighting evil and searching for treasure when #aliens.

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm fine with him doing more Avengers movies, but if they didn't do anymore Iron Man movies I could deal with it. Didn't care for the last two Iron Man movies.

Think Iron Man works better and is more interesting with a group of superheroes then it just being him solo. Just like his comics.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He made ridiculous money off these movies . . .see no reason to stop
    They still good to decent

Rocket River

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Will watch.

I wonder when they would reboot the series. They have to sooner or later, RDJ isn't getting any younger. I don't see them doing the Avengers with new actors, unless they reboot.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

The role doesn't call for him to be super athletic, though (nor look athletic, even). And even if RDJ was confined to a wheelchair, his snark alone as Stark would be worth the price of admission.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Marvel Studios has a long-term plan for their cinematic universe. I don't see reboots having for a long, long time.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I didn't care much for the manufactured tension of Avengers, and liked the first and third Iron Man movies. RDJr is easily the best part of the Marvel universe. I still think it's a shame Edward Norton bowed out (or was put aside) for Ruffalo.

10. steddinotayto

When was the last time Marvel wrote Tony Stark as a geriatric man bounded to a wheelchair? He's always a middle-aged playboy just like Bruce Wayne. Sure Stark isn't as athletically inclined like Wayne but how believable is it (or even how entertaining would it) to have a snarky old man in a wheel chair while other heroes seem to not age at all?

The mythos is that he's a middle-aged playboy billionaire and not anything older.

11. steddinotayto

lol and I should have read this before I replied back to your response to me. You go from saying RDJ is not getting any younger to defending RDJ as playing Tony Stark for the long term (the worth the price of admission).

The proper thing Marvel and Whedon should do is to turn RDJ/Stark into the new JARVIS in terms of being an AI that the Avengers use. At least THAT would keep RDJ/Stark around in the Marvel Universe without having to ask an older RDJ to have to jump into a suit for however long they want.

12. steddinotayto

Sorry Jontro. Jumped the gun and had your post and Juxtaposed's comments mixed together. Maybe CF and watching Flash at the same time isn't a good idea.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

RDJ was the best part, but I don't think that's the case anymore. The universe has expanded so much and Marvel has done such a great job with the other properties that they could survive without him and Iron Man. And as much as I enjoyed Ed Norton's take on Hulk, Ruffalo really did own it.

Really lukewrm to this news. He's great as Iron Man no doubt, but I did not like the last two movies much at all.

14. droxford

droxford Member

I liked the first two Iron Man movies a lot. The third was okay, but lacking in certain areas. I'd like to see Jon Favreau or Joss Whedon return to the director chair for future Iron Man movies.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Tony Stark built a freaking robotic exoskeleton that can fly and is aided by artificial intelligence with weapons systems decades ahead on the competition. You don't think he could make his suit compensate for getting older?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Back in the old days of 25 cent comic books, Iron Man was my favorite Marvel character. The movies are decent. I'll take 1-2 more.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Jesus, it isn't like RDJ is 70 years old. He doesn't even turn 50 until next year and is in exceptional shape. He can still play the part another 10 years if he wants to. He is aging well and works out twice a day.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always enjoy iron man/stark the character but I admit that the last 2 films, overall movie wise, have not been that great.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who do you guys think the villain would be?