1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movies] Fantastic Four 1 & 2 & Doctor Doom (MCU)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

FF 1: Feb 2025
    Doctor Doom: October 2027
    FF 2: Feb 2028

RUMOR: MARVEL STUDIOS TARGETING 2022 RELEASE FOR ‘FANTASTIC FOUR’ REBOOT; ‘ANT-MAN’S PEYTON REED PUSHING TO DIRECT

By Thomas Polito
    June 5, 2019
    [​IMG]

With the rights to the Fantastic Four back in Marvel’s hands, it seems they’ve already started planning how to introduce the First Family.

The GWW is hearing, but cannot confirm, that Marvel Studios is aiming for a 2022 release for the ‘Fantastic Four’ reboot. Sources also say that ‘Ant-Man’ director Peyton Reed is pushing to direct, and has already pitched his vision for the movie to Feige multiple times. Reed’s pitch includes a 1960s setting that involves the Quantum Realm, and possibly The Black Knight.

Reed has publicly stated his interest in setting a ‘Fantastic Four’ movie in the 60s, even going so far as to pitch to Fox when they had the rights.

“Visually, one of the things we always talked about – and this was 2003 – was The Fantastic Four as daytime superheroes. They don’t have secret identities. They’re very much a part of the fabric of Manhattan. In that universe, if you go to New York to the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty or the Baxter Building, it was all a part of that. We talked about it being a ’60s period movie, but Fox at the time was not into it.”

Kevin Feige plans on bringing Marvel to Hall H at San Diego Comic Con this year, it’s possible he reveals the release date for ‘Fantastic Four’ there. Marvel has a few dates booked for 2022, including February 18th, May 6th, and and July 19th. February is likely ‘Captain Marvel 2’, with ‘Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3’ being May 6th, so July 19th makes the most sense.

The Fantastic Four were first created by Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee, and followed Mr. Fantastic, a man who has the ability to stretch his body any way he desires, Invisible Woman, who has the ability to turn invisible and generate force fields, Human Torch, who has the ability to engulf himself in flames, fly, and absorb fire, and The Thing, a man with super strength who is made up entirely of rocks.

Peyton Reed directed the first two ‘Ant-Man’ movies for Marvel Studios, as well as three episodes of the TV series ‘New Girl’.

#1 Xerobull, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Fantastic Four was always gonna be smooth fit. Unlike the X-Men they can drop them right in and hit the ground running, or they could set it in an alternate NY. Thanks to the multiverse they seem to be establishing, they can go however they want without needing to retcon.

I'm not sure if they need another origin movie or not. Either way, I'm definitely hyped

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not that Peyton Reed isn't a bad choice, but I wish they'd find another "unknown" person to direct.

James Gunn and Taika Waititi were small-time, but they did extremely well with the Marvel properties they were given.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Also, would have been funny to see Evans' Cap interact with the MCU Human Torch. Fertile field for a meta joke or two.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No more prequels to establish super heroes before the Avengers.

7. droxford

droxford Member

Yeah, I'd prefer it if they didn't do another origin story. We've already seen two.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

But we haven't seen ONE good one.

I agree though. They could do their origin story as part of the opening credits, comic book page flashing style, just to set the tone and then jump right in.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would have agreed but if it's set in the 60's -- that'll be interesting. And unlike the X-Men movies, I also don't think anyone really saw the first 2 Fantastic Four movies.

I've never seen one before. Aside from comic book diehards -- who wasted their time and actually watched either movie?

I'd rather the Ant Man director NOT do this. Those Ant Man movies feel kind of... lifeless and thin. If Reed Richards & Dr. Doom are going to be the smartest people in the MCU their introduction will need some polish.

I wonder what Noah Hawley had planned for Doom.

10. Xerobull

LOTS of people saw the first two.

2005 Box Office for #1: 154M, top movie opening weekend
    2007 Box Office for #2: 132M, top movie opening weekend

These weren't smash hits, but they made money. This was before the MCU upped the ante on Comic Book movies to top tier franchise levels.

Anyway, a 'light' reboot would be ok, ala Spider Man. It would be interesting if they were in a time warp from the 1960s, along with Doom....and the Sentry, who is essentially the Marvel version of Superman, but a crazy, unbalanced superman. Captain Marvel needs a foil to fight.

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

If it's a prequel to the Avengers that makes no sense.

12. Xerobull

Confirmed at Comic Con 2019

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Here is a case where I agree, the origin story is done in for these 4, they need to pick up the action and focus on why they should be interesting to us. I only ever liked the torch growing up, and the same thing happened to me in the films, the torch was great, everyone else sucked.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

if this one sucks too, they might as well shut down the f4 franchise

B-Bob and tinman like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I watched the first two to make the bar incredibly low for this movie.

Also... sentry, AKA lame plot device, is one of the more bland and boring characters in marvel's lineup. He'll be one of the flags mcu jumped the shark.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will they make a legit dr doom??

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd spend another 5-10 years watching a good Doom like I did watching an interesting Loki

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Word is he'll have his own movie. At some point.

19. body slam

body slam Member

Never really cared for the Fantastic 4. I remember the 4 being part of a HB Saturday morning cartoon super hero mix with Space Ghost, Birrrrrrrrrrdman, and others. The Thing also had his own cartoon. Thing ring do your thing.

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind the F4 being from a multi-verse. It would explain their absence during all the events or maybe they were on earth in the early 60s but left for a long cosmic space mission in which they would have been oblivious to what was going on back on earth. Either way I think the most exciting part for me is the casting. I can't wait to see who they get. unknown or known.