1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Ant-Man and the Wasp

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

8/10
    Slightly more enjoyable than the first but overall pretty much the same.

No Worries, Invisible Fan and fba34 like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

good to hear, especially for a B superhero.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude can augment his parts. :D

Jontro likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

best. super. power. evaaaarrr...!

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I enjoyed, more of a Past/Current Wasp movie with Ant Man being secondary. Rudd and Michael Pena still shine in their roles.

HOLY **** that was awesome, so subtle yet powerful. Loved the after credit "Ant Man and Wasp will return...? Which I'm pretty sure they are, when they had a some charity thing for Harvey, they showed Gamora, Ant Man, Wasp in the same video

gotta be worth something right?

seclusion likes this.
  6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Definitely enjoyed it, and it is better than the first. It's no Winter Soldier/Civil War/Infinity War, and it's not trying to be. Got all the humor and charm of the first and then some. And honestly I hope we see more from this franchise and other smaller scale adventures. Not everything needs to be an epic battle to save humanity. The conflict was more personal and internal. In fact, I'd argue that the true enemy they fight are the internal battles within themselves. That said, the main villain was underdeveloped, which is a shame. Love the chemistry between Rudd and Lily as well as Rudd and the daughter. In fact the characters are a definite bright spot, next to the creative action sequences. So while it's not among the best of the Marvel films, it's solidly in the second tier.

And the post-credit scenes, the first one anyways, are awesome.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The first movie was funnier, but this still had plenty of humor and was the better film. Post credit scene was lit.

Really interested to see where they take the characters next. It's going to be a long wait for Captain marvel and Avengers 4 next year.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Question: I enjoyed the first Ant Man. I thought the humor and charm were well done. Not too over the top, organic. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Thor 3 recently and felt the humor was WAY forced and over the top and for me took away from the movies and the urgency. Where does Ant Man 2 fall in that category?

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

If you liked the first one, I think you'll be happy with the second. Same type and quantity of humor. I'd say the biggest difference is that the characters have a bit more freedom to be themselves, now that they're not bogged down in world building.

Deuce likes this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think this is the biggest factor that differentiates this movie from the first one.

The movie plays more with the whole shrinking / expanding aspect, much more than the first one did. Ghost was a pretty good villain too, as far as MCU villains go.

There was no impending doom / imminent destruction waiting to happen - just a family trying to be a family, and lots of other parties trying to get involved with that.

I feel like casting Walton Goggins was a waste, though. He's much better as an actor, and can easily be the villain of another superhero property.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

8.5/10

Paul Rudd’s casualness owns this character, they transitioned from Civil War perfectly and the humor was great, they need to keep Luis at all costs.

Only thing with me is that Goggins character was kind of useless and that’s annoying because imo he’s the best actor in the film. Like the poster above said, he can easily be a major Marvel villain in the future.

Ziggy likes this.
  12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Really enjoyed this movie even more than the first one. I wasn't a big fan of the villain in the first one felt too formulaic of 'bad guy is like the good guy' in terms of abilities/powers

This was a lot better and the actors did a great job the chemistry between Rudd and Lily was great and Pena and Park were excellent in their respective roles.

I liked this movie a lot more than Black Panther actually.

arkoe likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

To add on to what I said earlier, I loved this movie, but a couple of quirks that bothered me but didn't ruin the movie:

Ghost- the character development here was a little shallow, probably due to the big cast they had to cram into the movie. I just didn't care about her motivations as much as I think the director wanted me to. She wasn't sympathetic. Cool character though.

Bill Foster: He's Goliath, which he outright says when they introduce him. It's a shame that we didn't see him as such at the end instead of Ant Man's giant inflated costume standing next to the building.

Janet Van Dyne: I get it, her screen time was pretty minimal but I was waiting for the hammer to fall and her to be a crazy supervillain after spending 30 years alone in a weird universe. She was just la-de-dah, I'm back and nothing happened (except the whole 'I evolved' part).

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More of the same from Marvel.

No chances taken. Predictable PB & J.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Fun movie. Lots of good humor. Went with my wife and sons, and we all enjoyed it.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Are you really going with the "no chances taken" 'typical Marvel' stance after Infinity War just came out 3 months ago?

They ended this movie with a superhero they just introduced being killed, along with her parents one of which they had just rescued.

'no chances taken'...nothing pleases some people.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, 100 percent, AFTER Black Panther too. o_O

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

To be fair no one expects any deaths from Infinity War to be permanent.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Loved it, it's just so easy for Marvel.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No, not fair. They should all die. They should then go back to the Ben Affleck era of movies.

Xerobull likes this.