1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

martynas andriuskevicius is never expected to play basketball again.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AzCkR, Jan 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

it says that everything's pretty uncertain...from 2 months to never again. So I wouldn't says he's "never expected to play again" yet..

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

talk about jacked up

4. superden

superden Contributing Member

That's just messed up. I hope he gets better.

5. Diaw

Diaw Member

no lawsuit against storey ... strange considering that this guy may have destroyed his career :confused:

6. windfern

windfern Member

A vicious thread title.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wasn't this guy drafted top 10?

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

"It's not going to help me anyway," Andriuskevicius said, according to the Tribune. "God is going to take care of it."

I know many of you believe different, but this is a very powerful statement to me. He'll be okay.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I would like to know the words that were exchanged.. If he didn't say anything bad like he said he said then Storey needs to be banned from the league...

Even if what he said was bad you just don't pull a Carmello and blindside punch someone, thats wrong no matter what.. you let them know "Hey I'm about to beat your @$$" if you say anything more.

and because of that Storey should have a lifetime ban anyways.

10. Diaw

Diaw Member

yes i've read that, sounds good ... but imo his agent will remind him that many $$$ are at stake here ...

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Just saw Bill Murray making fun of this guy on NBA TV's "Tuesday Night with Ahmad." Bill said he saw an interview with Andriuskevicius and he reminded him of the guy from Sin City that bled yellow.

Ahmad, Patrick Ewing, and Darvin Ham laughed. It was messed up.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this dude in the D-League playing against the Toros. Man that sucks.
    Why on earth would someone start a fight in the D-League? That guy should be banned forever.

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Awvee Storey will never play professional basketball again.

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

this Storey **** should put to jail man, Sucker punch a teammate when someone already turned his head. i really dont understand andriuskevicius's forgiveness. Maybe oneday I'll see God then I understand.

15. Omer

Omer Member

Him forgiving Storey is a great act, but the NBA/DL has no reason to forgive such actions. Sets a bad example and players will think they can get away with crap like that, and hell Storey might even do something like this again.

16. Dei

Dei Member

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/184254,CST-SPT-fight23.article

Storey punch leads to serious injury

December 23, 2006
    BY ROMAN MODROWSKI Staff Reporter
    Martynas Andriuskevicius, whom the Bulls recently assigned to the National Basketball Development League's Dakota Wizards, is lucky to be alive today after being punched by Awvee Storey, a Proviso West product and Wizards teammate.

The altercation took place during practice Thursday. The 7-2, 240-pound Andriuskevicius, 20, spent Thursday night in intensive care in Bismarck, N.D.

''He has a skull fracture, severe concussion and a two-centimeter hematoma on the left side of his brain,'' Andriuskevicius' agent Herb Rudoy said. ''They've been monitoring him because they're concerned about seizures.

''From what I'm told, when he got hit unexpectedly, he went out cold instantly and fell right back on his head.''

The 6-6, 225-pound Storey has been suspended indefinitely while the NBA and NBDL investigate.

There's also been a police report written, according to Det. Dean Clarkson. But Clarkson said Andriuskevicius does not want to press charges, making an arrest unlikely. Clarkson said the investigation is pending.

''Awvee's a terrific kid,'' said his Chicago-based agent Mark Bartelstein. ''They had an altercation in practice, and it's really unfortunate.

''I know Awvee feels terrible about it. It wasn't a situation where he just attacked the kid.''

One source said Storey said something to Andriuskevicius, who went over to Storey and got punched.

''He's lucky he's not dead,'' Rudoy said. ''But I think he'll be fine.

''He won't be playing basketball for a long time. They have to be very concerned about his skull fracture healing.''

Rudoy expects Andriuskevicius to be released from the hospital in the next few days and return to Chicago for further examination.

Bulls general manager John Paxson called Andriuskevicius on Friday morning, and Bulls doctors are monitoring the situation.

Storey and Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas were arrested over Memorial Day weekend in Miami Beach for refusing to obey police. The charges later were dropped.

-------------------------------------

Hmmm, so Storey was the guy Arenas was arrested with while holding traffic. Anyway, the injury sounds rough. I've never really heard of anybody ending their careers because of a head injury - then again, most never live after getting a serious knock to the head.

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Thatsreallysad. Thatsreallyreallyunfortunate.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

I can see the other guy getting a lifetime ban. NBA teams are already hesistant enough about assigning players to the nbdl for other reasons.

19. Diaw

Diaw Member

just realized that storey was the guy whith whom arenas was arrested last season

btw is there any update on andriuskevicius ?

20. Laozi

Laozi Member

Its good to here that Martynas is going to be alright, things could have been alot worse then simply having to face the possibility of not playing basketball again.

This is an awful story about Awvee Storey