1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris reach buyout plan w/ pistons, to sign with Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DeBeards, Feb 21, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

WTF…SMH

EDIT: Hours ago i was checking his profile and searched some most recent games clips of him. It seems Lakers moving faster than other contenders.

#1 DeBeards, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who cares, dude is a scrub.

3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

He is not a scrub. Idk why the Pistons couldn’t have traded him for a 2nd round pick. And idk why the hell the rockets wouldn’t have offered a 2nd round pick for him.

DeBeards and jcmoon like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not so fast on that Thread Title....

Morris is signed to a BAE. He might not clear waivers.

We (and other teams) can buy his contract off waivers, just to keep him away from LA. We have to cut someone to make a roster spot, but we can use our BAE (or a TPE?) on Morris, sign Green to minimum, and cut Chandler or iHart.

Pretty sure Pincus says in his comments, Rockets have the means to claim him, prior to clearing waivers.

#5 heypartner, Feb 21, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Do it!

Just to piss everyone off, especially Windhorse's twin, Ramona.

7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Please murray!!!!!

only to keep la from getting better lol

Bids9 likes this.
  8. Audioout

Audioout Member

Why are we concerned? They get yet another big man they definitely will have trouble playing against us.

9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

agreed. as long as they don't end up with a rangy 3d wing like a moe harkless, and/or a playmaker for whenever lebron sits, then lakers haven't addressed their 2 biggest weaknesses. they also don't have the 3pt shooting prowess of those gsw teams with steph, klay, and kd... so if rockets end up having to face the lakers, then we'll have a giant 3 pt shooting advantage on top of our clear advantage in pace.

eliefor3 likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Exactly let them sign Morris and reduce competition for harkless

BigShasta likes this.
  11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Conspiracy Theory: trust me…league wanna make balanced power in la. or even biased a little bit.

EDIT: i still cant believe in 2008 mem traded Paul gasol to lal changing the contending situation in the league. Tho we can compare gasol / Morris, but the league never change i.e. league think they are Zeus can manipulate whatever things at right time.

#11 DeBeards, Feb 21, 2020
  12. Asian Sensation

Looks like he and Marcus will get to sleep in the same bunk beds again.

arabrocket and dischead like this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What about FOE?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's the wrong Morris, Markief Morris is like a clone of Montrezl Harrell, he has no place in our team or rotation. Considering how much he loves his bro I doubt Morris would even consider Houston cuz the Rockets drafted and traded his twin away. Tbh I dont even understand why we let go of "baby Melo" Marcus Morris, if we had him all these years we wouldnt have needed to sign Anderson in the first place.

Of course Rox can get Marcus just to piss him and the Lakers off but I dunno if the org wants to be all petty like that. Marcus would def go ballistic and probably be a major cancer in the locker room and Lebron would get on his soap box again

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Harkless is staying where he is and I wouldn't mind screwing the Lakers over, but am kind of meh on Morris.

BamBam likes this.
  16. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

Rockets need to stop being cheap and pick Morris off waivers. You have him in your rotation rather than play against him. Plus the Clippers are loaded the more battle tested players the better