1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Cuban: The Big Mistake You Don't Know You're Making on Social Media

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kjhwang, Jun 11, 2015.

1. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

http://www.inc.com/mark-cuban/playbook-biggest-mistake-social-media.html

This seems partially true, but partially paranoid imo. Partially true because we're already seeing personalized adverts based not just on social media but internet usage in general. But partially paranoid because Mark Cuban has been caught saying ridiculous, idiotic, borderline r****ded things on social media and he's been called out on it. What do you guys think?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

tl;dr - don't be stupid and actively manage your digital privacy

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I've seen this video posted a few times.

Keep in mind that while there is some validity to what he's saying, the video Is basically an ad with Cuban trying to scare you into buying his new product.

If Mark Cuban wasn't a recognizable person, people would look at this video as one of those late night paid programming ads that are produced to look like interview shows but they're really trying to sell you something.

this really lowers my already low opinion of Mark Cuban.

4. what

what Member

I generally think privacy issues are way overblown. Anybody that connects to the internet, has a bank account, owns a mobile phone, house, etc etc etc. I mean really.

Oh yeah, and who in their right mind sends sensitive things out: ever head of a pdf?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Before you know it the government will make a brightly covered book with everyone's address and phone number and distribute it across the nation for free to nearly every citizen.

6. what

what Member

exactly.

and how many people do you know refusing a census. I don't get it.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

My digital footprint is going to tell people that I like boobs.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Now the whole world's going to know about my deep, meaningful basketball insights at the GARM.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Awesome. Now I'm so glad I Googled "is pooping 6 times a day normal" this morning. Smh

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

You had to google that? It's normal if you're a chicken.