1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mariota returning for 2014 season

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sydeffect, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000292344/article/oregon-qb-marcus-mariota-will-return-for-redshirt-junior-season

2. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I admire the kid for wanting to go back to School, but man hes guarantee to be a top 3 pick in my opinion... You seen what happen to LSU QB and Aaron Murray... You just never know what could happen and destroy your career forever

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's a tad extreme. A torn ACL can certainly be come back from if you're smart about it (don't rush back. Looking at you, RG3).

Mariotta is smart too. He doesn't take hits often and the offense he's in helps prevent that as well. I am a big believer in leaving while your stock is high, so I don't agree with his decision, but if that's what he's willing to risk in order to finish school then good for him.

He'll be a Top pick next year as well if all goes well.

4. Major

Major Member

Most of these guys get $5-$10MM insurance policies nowadays anyways. So worst case, he'll still be set for life.

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

good for him, hopefully nothing bad happens to him as in injuries

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Matt Leinart 2.0?

Rocket River

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My son just texted me a tweet from someone that said:

"You can't run from the Jaguars forever, Marcus Mariota"

:)