1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario, I was wrong, the Texan's made the right choice

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, it is time to eat a little crow, while I still love Vince Young, I think the Texans made the right choice for their particular situation.

They have a good young team, and the defensive line is going to get better and better.

I like the Texans going forward and believe that they made the best choice for their franchise.

So, Mario.....I apologize, I was wrong, you ARE the real deal.

I think the franchise is in good hands.....going forward, now if they could just get out of that brutal AFC South....

DD

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'll alert the media.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice.....but it is just my way of saying that Mario is a good player.

I still love Vince, but am really liking what Mario is doing out there.

If the Texans can get a solid RB...they could really leap forward.

DD

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Did we ever get a "V-Span, I was wrong." thread? :D ;)

5. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I never liked Reggie Bush, and I am not gonna even get started on Vince "overrated" Young, and I am really pleased with Mario's development as a scary defensive player..

HOWEVER,

I still think the Texans should've either traded away the draft pick or drafted Bush then traded him away along with Carr for a dependable quarterback/running back.. even though Mario turned out to be great, he still IMO isn't worth the 1st pick because we could've gotten him waaaay later..

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anyone want to take this one?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sure...

Wrong.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I imagine what he actually MEANT was we could have gotten someone of his caliber way later. regardless I pretty much disagree, it looks like we made the right choice. if you're basing your choice off the present, we obviously did. who knows about 10 years from now, but mario is definitely going to be a hell of a player for a long time.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

like pick number 2?

b/c that's as far as he was gonna drop.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i don't know if the AFC South is really that good or the Texans are that bad. really, JAX, TEN, and IND are already guaranteed 2 wins by virtue of having to play the Texans.

*ducks for cover* :eek:

11. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The Texans should throw some cash in Marion Barber's lap and see if they can get him to move south.

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Where is that info from, because I keep getting into discussions with my friend about this, how we could've gotten him later so it was a good pick, but bad move kinda deal.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He wasn't moving out of the top 5. New Orleans had said they wanted him should he have not been taken #1. They had already signed Brees and didn't want VY. They, too, needed a pass rush and would have taken Mario in a heartbeat.

14. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I'm torn, math says we went 7-3 vs everyone else. Which makes a case for a brutal division. But unless NO somehow sneaks in no one in that 7-3 is breathing come playoff time except Tampa Bay.

I don't expect next years schedule will be as easy. But I don't expect to be decimated by injuries next year.

And I sure don't expect to lose twice to the Traitors.

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Most Mock Drafts had Mario being taken 2nd by the Saints. These are hard to find now, but I found one from MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10909906/

16. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Woah ! That mock draft has the Girls taking Demeco at 18 . That would have sucked .

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

and Eric Winston at 23 to Tampa. That's 3 of our first 4 picks that some thought were 1st round picks.

18. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I agree, Mario is the right choice. The guy is a beast/monster/beastedmonster. Can anyone call Bush or VY a beast? a monster? Or a beastedmonster? I didn't think so.

Go TEXANS!

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

The NFL schedule is too unbalanced. One could say that the reason these other teams have such bad records is BECAUSE they play the AFC south 4 times during the year. Besides, when a division can lock up both of the wild card spots of a conference, that doesn't leave much of a chance for everyone else.

I think the Texans are a legit average team. It does sound depressing, I know. But at least we're not fighting for the top pick anymore. :)

20. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Texans made the wrong choice, they needed a QB then. They admitted it by cutting carr the next year, then wasted draft picks for Schaub when they could have received draft picks for lowering their pick in the draft by trading down and waiting for either VY, cutler, leinhart.

Mario wasnt a bad pick by any means, and is a good player and I wish him the best. But the texans still made the wrong choice and it will hurt them for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.