1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marilyn Manson is not well (redundant, I know...)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just something to break up the monotony of Hangout threads having to do with TV shows/superhero movies/comic book movies/cellphone games etc.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't feel for him. I'll just say this, hopefully without sounding boastful in any way. I was in the business for a very long time. I crossed MM's path many times through shows together, parties and even mutual friends. Manson has always been about Manson. He's crapped on just about anyone that he could. He's run out of stealing ideas, he's had few if any original ideas of his own, but he pulled a lot them off pretty well for the first half of his career.

I always wondered if he'd be able to keep up with the way he lived his life. Looks like it's more than catching up with him.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Shame. Liked him in Wonder Years. Seemed like a good kid.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all relative to the size of your snot rocket.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Always thought he sucked. Take away the controversy, and all he has left is mediocre industrial music.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Manson/Slipknot isn't my style of music (though I enjoyed "Iowa") and I don't know a ton about these guys, but it isn't too surprising that Manson is falling apart.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If you were in line for something, would you notice?

[​IMG]

8. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

This is actually pretty cool. Classic Marilyn Manson. He is all about the shock factor. That's how he used to be from the beginning and then became lame. Now it seems like he is back to his old self. I would actually go to see this...I think the audience wants to see the unexpected weird crap like this at Manson concerts.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

What's happened to him? He's always seemed like a laced up straight shooter to me.

10. Asian Sensation

Did you ever notice he really loves sushi?

11. SuraGotMadHops

Marilyn always looked weird without his makeup

[​IMG]

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like he's doing well for himself. I can see he puts on one hell of a show, and really exudes success.

I guess I should feel bad for him. I do wish he was able to still perform with some degree of competence, but it looks like he can't.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like good ole Marilyn Manson to me, but prime Manson was a riot If you are into that sorta thing. :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JBAhiGMPMaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mMRx4Uo0-ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#13 RudyTBag, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  14. jsingles

jsingles Member

Those were painful videos to watch. People actually paid to see that too, terrible.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's succumbed to the pressure of travelling with one of the greatest rock bands of the last twenty-five years. Slipknot is underrated as musicians.

Also, Corey Taylor is so underrated for his voice that it's criminal. The guy is right up there with Dave Grohl in terms of plug and play success, minus the varying instruments.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is this like .. . the Precursor of Lady GaGa?

Rocket River

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Is Manson ever given credit as a serious artist if Trent Reznor doesn't step in and produce the hell out of Antichrist Superstar? I guess he had some decently successful albums afterwards, but up to that point wasn't his biggest hit to that point a cover of Sweet Dreams?