1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, May 6, 2012.

1. onreego

onreego Member

In the past, how many rookies have come into the league attempting to transition from one position to another and NBA ready? Comparing Leonard to Morris is really unfair at the moment given the fact that he was a 3 coming into the league as a 3 along with playing for one of the greatest coaches in NBA history.

Leonard obviously has the upperhand and he fits what the Spurs needed. At 14 the Rockets were trying to find that diamond, at 38 the Rockets picked their own Kawhi Leonard. I say give it more time. Unless MM is part of a trade that nets us a star, theres no point in trading him for another role player because thats not what the Rockets need right now.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think Morey has a fixation with top college programs. PPat from Kentucky, MMorris from Kansas.

I don't think Morris is the bust ya'll make him out to be, but signing him so late/getting outhustled for the job/going to the D-League/probably copping an attitude hanging-out with Philly native Lowry....lost season for him.

Wish he had value in a trade, maybe get a decent 1st rounder or ship him off with Kyle if need be, but given playing time, he'll be all right. Just not here.

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

What about him?

that was my reaction when I seen the title thread

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Where is the none of the above choice?

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

mm, ppat, llull, the 14th pick for josh smith now

6. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

who remembers this gem from MM when he got drafted?

"they don't have a scoring forward" LOL

7. PASTORofMUPPETS

He definitely has potential.........to be Terrence Williams 2.0 :rolleyes:

8. onreego

onreego Member

I don't think Josh Smith answers any of the Rockets' issues. He is similar to Gerald Wallace, I feel, in the sense that those 2 have elite athleticism but they provide you nothing else. Sure they can explode one night but they really have no other facet to their game. He's not an elite scorer by any means. He rebounds at a great rate but a lot of that is due to his ability to jump out of the gym and that will start to decline soon. Plus he's a knucklehead.

Unless the Rockets are getting Smith with some other stars from around the league in an attempt to win now I'd have to pass.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I love Josh Smith and he is one of the few guys I would see start over Scola, at the PF position, but that is too damn much.

Morris, Llull rights and Scola or Patterson, is fine but Smith isn't worth all that and a pick for what he might be able to do for us.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

#110 J.R., Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kind of interesting thinking back to the press conference. There's Motiejunas talking about how he's faster than Dwight Howard. There's Morrris talking about how he's Melo with better defense. And then there's Chandler Parsons who just sat there and chuckled.

And guess who ended up earning actual minutes (and a starting job)?

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sorta half off base are you not Carl? Motiejunas was in the Euro because at the time there might no have been an NBA season.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha yup.

Motiejunas: 'He(Dwight) can't catch me.' or 'Catch me if you can!'

As you said, Morris talking about how he compares himself to Carmelo with better defense.

And then yes, Chandler. Did he say a word? At least he didn't make any silly comments or statements. :p

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Well thought out. Gasol???

15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Where is Carmelo with better defense? Maybe we should fill out a missing person's report!!

16. onreego

onreego Member

The knock on Gasol around here is that he's not a star to build around. While I agree with this, he does make the team better. He may produce at a similar rate as Scola but the one thing he has on Scola is length. That alone causes problems for the opposing team defensively. Gasol's game isn't based on athleticism like Smith's is, which allows him to produce a little more consistently from his position. Also, one thing that we saw a lot of in the playoffs is that he is a great passer.

The only thing is his age probably allows him to produce just as long as Smith's body allows him to. So, it becomes a tricky situation. Bosh would be preferable I think although still not as a centerpiece but definitely a piece. Lowry, Scola, and MM for Bosh? Not sure if money works but I could live with that.

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Terrence Williams might have a nice career in Sacremento

His coaches like his game

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Nah i dont buy it

19. onreego

onreego Member

Care to elaborate?

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member