1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, May 6, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I bet Jeff Taylor would take his spot.;)

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The spurs traded jefferson to play leonard. Faried played a lot also. Those teams were trying to make the playoffs too. Point is, you don't let a guy like martin dictate your lineup. If the guy is who u think and say who he is, kcuf martin. They traded him because was a better,more talented player. How is playing morris 25 mins with martin any worse than playing martin and chase together?

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Good point meh. It looks to me like the Rockets are willing to invest the time and effort to support Morris's transition from the 4 to the 3. I do not believe they viewed him as a 1 year project. Rightfully so. Best of luck to Morris in his difficult transition.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

If you are trying to go young or re-build or tank then by all means take on a guy who will take 2-3 seasons to adjust.

But if you want to 'compete' for this season and you state that as your goal - and you state tanking is off the cards then - its not wise to waste that time and effort on someone who will help you compete 2-3 seasons later and cost you this season at the same time.

Why waste 2-3 on this guy anyways? Heh, you will probably find a guy ready to go right then and there in the next draft who can do similar things to what he can do anyways. Its not like Morris is once is a lifetime specimen and talent.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He'd probably be a Luol Deng-ish player. A superstar? No..

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

On one hand I can agree with every point you made. However a bench is deep . 8 high use players leave little PT time for the other 6 players. That bench is where you sit those players who have potential to contribute several seasons down the line. Along with the scrubs of course.

If we really wanted to compete next season we go out and get Josh Smith and Pau. That would be my preference, but Les and Morey call the shots, anf we shall see. I really think they pull the trigger on that one or something similar.

But the jury is still out on Morris and I would not expect their verdict for another year or two. Takes time to develop a player.

Anyway good luck!

7. Franchize

Franchize Member