1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Fizer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rezdawg, Apr 9, 2000.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What do you guys think about Iowa State's Marcus Fizer. I know many of you want kenyon, but not much has been said about Fizer. This guy already has NBA build. He has Barkley's size, but he is taller. On top of that, he has great handles. I think that I would rather take Fizer over Martin because Fizer will give a greater presence in the inside, and that is what we need, strength. Im not saying that I dont want kenyon, because I will take both and I think either one will help out tremendously. I just think that Fizer isnt getting the attention he deserves.

------------------

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Strike Two...

This belongs in the "Lottery Race 2000" forum.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Most mock drafts have him going 2nd or 3rd.

Somebody should start a list of all of the players who before they were drafted got the label, The Next Charles Barkley.

------------------

4. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Do you people realize there is a L2000 Forum??? That's why many Junior Members lose respect around the bbs, they can't understand some simple guidelines set by Clutch. To answer your questions...

He's multi-talented but undersized.

Perhaps you haven't been to the L2000 forum. Check Dakota's Fizer's thread .

He's undersized for a NBA PF. 6'7 requires much B-ball smarts which he has. But he's 260 and has great strength so he should find a niche similar to Brand.

I assume you mean offensive presence becuase nobody comes close to Martin in terms of defensive presence. Here i'll let u judge

Best player in college? Well, Cincy did play Iowa State once:

Martin had 22 points, 9 rebs, 2 steals, 9 blocks, 0 assists, 3 TOs, 2 PFs in 32 mins of action.

Fizer had 26 points, 4 rebs, 1 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 4 TOs, and 4 PFs in 34 mins of action.

So, who do you think is better?

The reason why he is undersized, and would you talk about more a 6'9 potential superstar SF or a 6'7 talented PF? You tell me.

Most of this stuff is all stuff I just copied and paste from previous threads.

------------------
    Check out the best source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

[This message has been edited by rocketsfan34 (edited April 09, 2000).]