1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Stein on the Omer Asik Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/294/asik-sure-to-be-dealt

Interesting tidbit about Asik requesting a trade every week since July. Guess maybe he finally snapped because the frustration has been building up for months.

Anyway, I think Morey will be patient. As Stein notes, a bunch of trade possibilities can't materialize until December 15 whether or not Asik plays in the meantime.

I think the one thing that would affect the team's leverage at this point is whether it continues to win games at a decent clip. As long as Houston doesn't look like that it has an IMMEDIATE DESPERATE need for reinforcement, it can be patient and just roll with the guys they have even with Asik in deep freeze.

2. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Does Asik stay DNP until he gets traded? I'm confused about what the Rockets do with Asik until then.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Asik must hate Dwight that much.....

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wow said he's been asking once a week.

But Morey can't do much until after Dec. 15 sorry Asik and your agent

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Depends on whether he wants to play or not. If he wants to play, use him-- there are certainly moments tonight when the team could have used a defensive rim protector and there will be more. If not, then roll with Jones and DMo.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Maybe we should have seen this coming. Asik wanted out of Chicago a championship situation too. I thought when he signed the offer sheet with the Rockets he just wanted to be payed what he thought he was worth. It seems him starting supersedes any "good situation." I think Asik would be happy on the Worst team in the NBA as long as he is the starter.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Granted, the Nuggets are a mediocre team, but the Rockets were clicking tonight with T-Jones and D-Mo taking minutes that would've otherwise gone to Asik. So even if the team can't or won't trade him before Dec. 15, I'm fine with him seeing a bunch of DNPs until then if the young guys continue to play this well.

8. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Take a page from Lin's book Omer and suck it up. Keep improving your play until the coach can't keep you off the floor.

9. anchel

anchel Member

If he refuses to do his job... why should the Rockets keep paying him a salary? Suspension.

10. lpbman

lpbman Member

Because spanking him publicly is not the way to increase his trade value?

11. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Jeremy Lin shows asik his a pro

12. AFS

AFS Member

Some people in the league want to win. Some of them want to make a ton of money. Asik may be the latter.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

So nothing is happening soon damn got to wait then

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

how the **** does that make sense? If all he wanted to do was make money wouldn't he be fine with w.e happens as long as he gets paid? :rolleyes:

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

He's only got 2 seasons left to prove he's worthy of another big or bigger contract

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

he should call his friend Royce for advice

1 person likes this.
  17. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

For Asik it's all about starting.

Requesting a trade every week :(

Rather sad to just let him sit and rot - I'm all for the Rockets getting quality in return but I hate to see them mess with his career.

But then again it's his choice to be mopey

argggg i really like Omer -- this is so hard :(

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't wait for this bum to get out of Houston. Asking for a trade once a week? Seriously Omer? That's about as unprofessional as it gets. I liked Omer a lot, but I've lost A WHOLE LOT of respect for him after this little tirade he appears to be on. Peace!

[​IMG]

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm not mad at him for wanting to play and being upset that management didn't grand his trade request yet. he shouldn't quit on the team though. he needs to understand that the rockets will trade him as soon as they can, it will happen for sure, but he needs to be patient. and in the meanwhile, he needs to suck it up and come to practice and the games ready to help the team. if he doesn't want to do that, no hard feelings, but stay home until DM can find a trade he likes.

besides, we have jones and dmo killing it!

20. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

If he isn't willing to make some sacrifices for a viable opportunity at a Championship, then I won't miss him, no matter how Great of a basketball player that he is.

1 person likes this.